PDA

View Full Version : Please, say Thank You to those who helped you along the way!

TJ aka Teej
11-01-2018, 19:39
Please, say Thank You!

Did you send that summit photo you promised? Drop a postcard to that favorite hostel? Send a note to that maintaining club? No doubt you remember seeing those kinds of postcards and photos displayed proudly at many hostels, stores, and post offices. They really do mean a lot to those that receive them.

Mailing addresses for almost all the AT folks are in the ALDHA Companion and AWOL's book.
If you need help finding any addresses, post here or drop me a line. I'm positive we can find any addresses you want.

Vistaprint will do 50 postcards for $7.50, Staples is about the same.
'Thank You!' cards come in 8 packs for a buck at Costco.

You also can get creative - I can remember Pat Shaw getting a 'Thank You' drop box of her very own once, with a card signed by dozens of hikers, homemade cookies, and a hand-made hat and mitten set! Pat really loved getting cards from 'her kids.'

Thank you!
Teej

shelb
11-01-2018, 23:11
TJ,

THANK YOU for reminding us of something we often forget, not just on the AT, but in all aspects of our lives.

As a teacher, I appreciate the cards I receive so much... that I have kept everyone that was ever given to me - even though it is now a box full!

Thanks!

Dogwood
11-02-2018, 02:09
!!!You're AWESOME Teej!!! :banana

DuneElliot
11-02-2018, 03:38
Very good points. Thank you is a word half gone by the wayside sometimes.

MtDoraDave
11-02-2018, 16:26
Ok.
Thank you to all of YOU here on wb who have taught me SO MUCH about hiking gear, shuttles, lnt, cottage industries, weight savings, etc!
This site and its typically friendly and helpful contributors and generally fair moderators is awesome.