PDA

View Full Version : Rock Gap NC Question

rboles
11-09-2018, 11:05
I'm looking to do a section from Rock Gap to Dick's Creek over Thanksgiving. Plan to leave vehicle at Dicks and shuttle to Rock Gap - shuttle driver is asking if it is paved to Rock Gap as he won't drive on gravel roads. Does anyone know the answer - want to make sure I can actually get to Rock Gap/Standing Indian Campground and if not find another shuttle driver.

Thanks

JC13
11-09-2018, 11:48
I believe I recall it being paved, not the best pavement but I don't recall it being gravel. Sounds like you need to call Ron Brown instead or Beverly.
Ron: 706.669.0919
Beverly: 850.572.7352

A.T. Hiker
11-09-2018, 12:33
I know the road is paved at Rock Gap. If i remember correctly the pavement ends near the back country parking area past the campground entrance.

Gambit McCrae
11-09-2018, 12:42
I believe I recall it being paved, not the best pavement but I don't recall it being gravel. Sounds like you need to call Ron Brown instead or Beverly.
Ron: 706.669.0919
Beverly: 850.572.7352

I have always felt that someone willing to shuttle me into the backcountry as a profession shouldn't have to be asking me what the road conditions are on the way there.

Call Ron

MuddyWaters
11-09-2018, 13:52
I'm looking to do a section from Rock Gap to Dick's Creek over Thanksgiving. Plan to leave vehicle at Dicks and shuttle to Rock Gap - shuttle driver is asking if it is paved to Rock Gap as he won't drive on gravel roads. Does anyone know the answer - want to make sure I can actually get to Rock Gap/Standing Indian Campground and if not find another shuttle driver.

Thanks
That shuttle driver isnt a shuttle driver if dont drive on gravel roads. Find someone else that knows what they doing.

Its paved.

rboles
11-09-2018, 14:40
Thanks to everyone for their response. I agree - was iffy on the shuttle driver but have never shuttled before so wasn't sure. Always appreciate everyone's help on this forum.