PDA

View Full Version : Container for Trangia Spirit Stove

seakayaker
11-12-2018, 09:32
I have a Trangia Spirit Stove and I understand that these are prone to leakage. I don't want alcohol to leak on my stuff! I prefer to leave any residual alcohol in the stove vs. attempting to pour it from the stove back into the alcohol container.

Can anyone recommend a lightweight container in which I can store this stove in my pack?

Traillium
11-13-2018, 00:57
I have a Trangia Spirit Stove and I understand that these are prone to leakage. I don't want alcohol to leak on my stuff! I prefer to leave any residual alcohol in the stove vs. attempting to pour it from the stove back into the alcohol container.

Can anyone recommend a lightweight container in which I can store this stove in my pack?

I’ve never had mine leak.

Traillium, old Canuck botanist

billreillyjr
11-13-2018, 02:03
One,possibly 2 Ziploc bags kept in the top of pack.

Bluefoot
11-16-2018, 13:35
I use a small "Tupperware" like container. Just take your burner down to a thrift store and likely you'll find something that fits. Never had a problem - love the Trangia stove - bomb proof. Happy Trails.

QuickStanley
11-21-2018, 09:10
If you have a Trangia you don't have to worry about it. But you can use a zip bag to feel more safe

Onsen
11-22-2018, 15:41
Replace the 'o' ring & use a ziploc bag as others have suggested.

Wise Old Owl
11-23-2018, 01:33
You can drain it. Or how about that Ziploc round that has a screw top lid that can also keep the Bic lighter dry? The one that looks like a urine sample?