PDA

View Full Version : AT9er Alert: Blue Ridge Ranger Dies

Donn Ahearn
02-20-2006, 18:37
Dean Ahearn, Class of AT9, died in the early morning hours of Valentine's Day. I'm his identical twin bro.

I'm trying to get the word out to other AT9ers who might want to come to a memorial March 4. Respond either here or at [email protected]

Thanks.

Donn Ahearn:(

vipahman
02-20-2006, 18:56
Sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to your family.

Tha Wookie
02-20-2006, 19:00
Sorry to hear that, Donn. I just said a prayer for you and your family. What I got in response was the great level of beauty he was exposed to through all the miles.

Take care

digger51
02-20-2006, 19:33
Sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers are with your family.

Skyline
02-20-2006, 23:21
Donn,

Again, sorry for your loss. Hope I can make it on the 4th if my out-of-town company doesn't mind.

For WBers who don't know, Dean (and Donn) have been regulars on the PATC Trails Forum since its inception in the early '90s, and have contributed much to the trail community through their writings and other efforts over the years. They are among a very small group of hikers who have hiked every mile of every trail in SNP, and of course Dean is a 2000-miler--having done it in a year before the AT became such a cultural phenomenon.

I know you've been planning to go thru Dean's stuff to find hiker friends. I just came across a resource that might help. There is a list of ALDHA members up-to-date as of Sept. '04 at: http://www.aldha.org/roster.htm

If any of these names match any of the names you find, get in touch with me (there is a way to e-mail me directly from this site--just click on my name above this post). I have the current hard copy of ALDHA's roster and can look up contact info for any of these folks for you. Also, if all you find in Dean's stuff is trail names (very possible) you can post on here to see if anyone knows those people and/or how to get in touch. LD hikers sometimes never know a person's birth name, only their trail name...but we're a tight-knit bunch and someone on here may.

Skyline