PDA

View Full Version : Guthook Guides for Android just got a major upgrade

guthook
11-14-2018, 15:09
For all you Android users out there, we finally consolidated all of our guides into ONE APP. We did that for iOS last year, but since we've had more time to deal with the consolidation on Android, it will be a much smoother process for you than it was with the iOS consolidation. And the app has some other major improvements besides just combining the guides.

For those who have already purchased any of the individual trail apps, you can restore those purchases in the new app! Go to the list of trail guides and click on the "Restore Purchases" button.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.atlasguides.guthook

We're happy to get feedback and bug reports. If you want to guarantee we hear from you, email is best: [email protected]

Rex Clifton
11-14-2018, 15:50
So what's the point? You still have to download all the individual apps. With IOS, everything is incorporated.
For all you Android users out there, we finally consolidated all of our guides into ONE APP. We did that for iOS last year, but since we've had more time to deal with the consolidation on Android, it will be a much smoother process for you than it was with the iOS consolidation. And the app has some other major improvements besides just combining the guides.

For those who have already purchased any of the individual trail apps, you can restore those purchases in the new app! Go to the list of trail guides and click on the "Restore Purchases" button.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.atlasguides.guthook

We're happy to get feedback and bug reports. If you want to guarantee we hear from you, email is best: [email protected]

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

soumodeler
11-14-2018, 17:35
All the maps are now in one app. The old individual apps still work (at least for me) but I like the new one better.

Trail Lady
11-14-2018, 18:17
Yay! I switch to the Android from the Apple and was missing it.

Rain Man
11-14-2018, 19:58
So, ... uh, you failed to tell us what we have to do. Install a new app? Uninstall an old version? Download new maps? What?

I have the AT and the JMT.

soumodeler
11-14-2018, 20:19
New app. It took me a while to figure that out. The link to the new app is in the original post.

guthook
11-15-2018, 07:32
So, ... uh, you failed to tell us what we have to do. Install a new app? Uninstall an old version? Download new maps? What?

Link to the new app is in the original post. Download that one.

Rex Clifton
11-15-2018, 10:46

Here is how I got it to work: (1) uninstall all Guthook apps (2) install the integrated app (3) using the integrated app, install the legacy apps (4) go into the legacy apps and restore purchases (5) go into the integrated app and restore purchases (6) optional-uninstall legacy apps.

The new app is really good, they finally incorporated google navigation, and I like the new interface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Crossup
11-15-2018, 11:07
Huh, all I did was install the new one, click on restore. Then delete the old app, done and works fine. I like the new app and not having to deal with any other apps in the future of my hiking.

Crossup
11-15-2018, 11:09
delete should have been "uninstall" above

Rex Clifton
11-15-2018, 11:30
delete should have been "uninstall" above

You live a charmed life! I tried what you did and it did not work.

Crossup
11-15-2018, 14:16
How odd...I'm running Android 8.0 on a Moto G6 and have no issue running Guthooks AT Guide 4, Guthooks AT guide(the latest before this new version) with all three installed. Uninstalling did not cause any issues either.

HooKooDooKu
11-15-2018, 14:43
The process was a bit clunky.
1. Click "Restore Purchases".
2. Click desired trail.
3. Get an error message, click Install (takes you to Google Play)
4. Click Install (wait)
5. Return to Guthook App
6. Get confused because it still say app not install.
7. Try openning app.
8. Still confused.
9. Finally think to go back to App and hit the back button.
NOW I can access the old map.

Rain Man
11-15-2018, 15:14
I also needed to divine what their term of art "region" means.

Rex Clifton
11-15-2018, 16:45
The process was a bit clunky.
1. Click "Restore Purchases".
2. Click desired trail.
3. Get an error message, click Install (takes you to Google Play)
4. Click Install (wait)
5. Return to Guthook App
6. Get confused because it still say app not install.
7. Try openning app.
8. Still confused.
9. Finally think to go back to App and hit the back button.
NOW I can access the old map.

What you have to do is, once you get the old app installed, go into the old app and restore purchases there (it usually does this automatically, once you open the app). Just to be sure, go into map (on the old app) and make sure all the pins you bought are green. NOW, go into the new app, go to the Region page (titled Where To?) click on the little i next to your map and it should restore the purchases on the new app. Clear as mud!

guthook
11-16-2018, 09:07
Sorry about some of the confusion-- we waited until this point in the season to release the update to make sure any bugs that popped up affected as few people currently on trail as possible :-)

We'll be continuing to roll out updates small and large in the next several months, and many of those are aimed at making the app easier to use. We've spent years adding features and reorganizing things, so it has become quite a confusing mess to a lot of people and we're very aware of that. Stay tuned, and keep in touch!

Nanatuk
11-16-2018, 11:00
Looks like quite a few improvements. thanks!