PDA

View Full Version : Guthook Guides for iOS also just got an upgrade

guthook
11-19-2018, 08:53
This one isn't as major a change as the Android update (since the iOS app was consolidated last year), but you should see some major improvements to stability, speed, and reliability of network connections. It should be in the App Store this morning.Many of the changes are the same as those in the new Android app, since we're trying to gradually get both apps to look and feel more similar than they did before. So here is a list of most of the upgrades:-Make your own waypoints (we'll add more capabilities for these soon)-Personalize your account, with profile pics and "about me" (we'll also add more capabilities for this soon)-New app icon and waypoint icons.-Fixed a lot of bugs and improved data storage to make all of your user-created content (comments, routes, and so on) save more reliably.-And a handful of other improvements to views like the waypoint info and waypoint lists.I'll try to keep an eye on the comments here, but if you need to get in touch, [email protected] is the best way for direct contact.

guthook
11-19-2018, 08:56
Ugh. Don't know why I'm not allowed to edit my posts, so let's try this again and get the formatting to work :o

This one isn't as major a change as the Android update (since the iOS app was consolidated last year), but you should see some major improvements to stability, speed, and reliability of network connections. It should be in the App Store this morning.

Many of the changes are the same as those in the new Android app, since we're trying to gradually get both apps to look and feel more similar than they did before. So here is a list of most of the upgrades:

-Make your own waypoints (we'll add more capabilities for these soon)

-Personalize your account, with profile pics and "about me" (we'll also add more capabilities for this soon)

-New app icon and waypoint icons.

-Fixed a lot of bugs and improved data storage to make all of your user-created content (comments, routes, and so on) save more reliably.

-And a handful of other improvements to views like the waypoint info and waypoint lists.

I'll try to keep an eye on the comments here, but if you need to get in touch, [email protected] is the best way for direct contact.

Hatchet_1697
11-19-2018, 10:07
Thanks for the update, your app is pretty awesome already!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Rain Man
11-19-2018, 18:57
Ugh. Don't know why I'm not allowed to edit my posts ....

You don't donate to WB.

guthook
11-19-2018, 20:41
You don't donate to WB.

Aaaaaaah.... I feel even dumber now :-)

Thanks for the info. haha.

GolfHiker
11-22-2018, 11:50
Guthook: I have a simple question. I’ve been a Guthook user for a few years now, putting the entire AT app on my Apple 6 & using it for my thru and every other time I hit the AT. So, when you upgrade, make necessary changes, any of that, do I get those on my version? If not, what needs to be done. I’d like to stay current.

Sorry, but I’m not very skilled in the world of automation. Thanks

Ethesis
11-22-2018, 15:38
Thank you for the update.

guthook
11-23-2018, 10:42
[QUOTE=GolfHiker;2228949]Guthook: I have a simple question. I’ve been a Guthook user for a few years now, putting the entire AT app on my Apple 6 & using it for my thru and every other time I hit the AT. So, when you upgrade, make necessary changes, any of that, do I get those on my version? If not, what needs to be done. I’d like to stay current. /QUOTE]

Cool! Thanks for sticking with us :-)

The short answer is Yes. All the updates come through in the updated app. Nothing you need to do on your end, aside from updating the app in the App Store. Trail info is updated in the app, so no need to think about that, either.

TOW
11-23-2018, 12:14
This one isn't as major a change as the Android update (since the iOS app was consolidated last year), but you should see some major improvements to stability, speed, and reliability of network connections. It should be in the App Store this morning.Many of the changes are the same as those in the new Android app, since we're trying to gradually get both apps to look and feel more similar than they did before. So here is a list of most of the upgrades:-Make your own waypoints (we'll add more capabilities for these soon)-Personalize your account, with profile pics and "about me" (we'll also add more capabilities for this soon)-New app icon and waypoint icons.-Fixed a lot of bugs and improved data storage to make all of your user-created content (comments, routes, and so on) save more reliably.-And a handful of other improvements to views like the waypoint info and waypoint lists.I'll try to keep an eye on the comments here, but if you need to get in touch, [email protected] is the best way for direct contact.
I am hoping at some point that you will allow the service providers like myself to be able to edit their own listing instead of relying on you. I mean I already want to change something but I have to go through you first, and then wait.

guthook
11-24-2018, 18:28
I am hoping at some point that you will allow the service providers like myself to be able to edit their own listing instead of relying on you. I mean I already want to change something but I have to go through you first, and then wait.

Trust me-- that's something I really want to add in there, too. Hopefully this coming year :-)