PDA

View Full Version : trail running sneakers

Trail Dog
02-22-2006, 07:58
What should i use to do some trail running? I hike in Tivas and many kinds of boots but never sneakers. I run in running sneakers, will they be good for trail running?

thanks

Lone Wolf
02-22-2006, 08:10
I run trails in regular running shoes. You don't need so-called trail running shoes.

maxNcathy
02-22-2006, 08:52
Hi Trail Dog

The New Balance 809 trail runners that I just bought have excellent traction and come in many widths and they have lots of mesh to help keep feet cool and dry.

Max

TrailMo
02-22-2006, 11:20
Trail dog,

You should run trails in trail running shoes. I ran them for awhile in a very good and expensive street running shoe. They broke down quickly, stretched out, and caused shin and heel problems. I got the Brooks Cascadia trail running shoe and it is a world of difference. I highly recommend that shoe for trail running.

IF the trails you run are just flat dirt trails with no rocks, ups and downs, or roots then you might get lucky and get by with a regular shoe. Otherwise, get a specific trail running shoe like the Brooks Cascadia.

Jaybird
02-22-2006, 11:35
I run trails in regular running shoes. You don't need so-called trail running shoes.

Hey WOLF...what kinda shoe are you running in now.. (name brand)?

i like my NEW BALANCE 1100s...new on the market & have a bit more cushion than my old NB 809s. (i use them for everyday use):D

Lone Wolf
02-22-2006, 11:47
$50 Asics.

betic4lyf
02-22-2006, 12:02
i have hiked in both, and they both work. in my personal experience, i don't really think that "trail shoes" are really necessary, as any time they are helping in the mud, it would probably work just as well to slow down a bit, in deference for the trail. the less bulcky the tread is, the less erosion you cause. the only thing that trail runners have is something under the foot to protect your foot from sharp rocks, but that could be fixed with something handy. also, stick with regular running shoes, and steer clear of performance, trainers and racing flats, as they will wear down faster.

Whistler
02-22-2006, 21:54
I prefer trail shoes for trails, but street shoes will work fine. I like to be able to tune my shoes to the terrain I'll be on [grassy... gravelly... rooty... whatever]. I also think trail shoes tend to be better on trails when it's wet, muddy, and slippery out. Deeper grips like those on Inov8 Flyroc 310 models can be a help in those conditions.
-Mark

DLANOIE
02-24-2006, 22:52
Asics gel eagle trail IV and V
Brooks trespass and trespass II

these are good choices IMHO.:D

betic4lyf
02-24-2006, 23:05
sometimes i hike barefoot

the worst is whentheir are freshly cut thorns on the gorund. the best is when you get squishy mud between your toes