PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gear gifts

Rain Man
12-26-2018, 22:44
So true! LOL

Teacher & Snacktime
12-26-2018, 23:15
I got 6 pairs of the most wonderful, cushy, warm 83% merlino wool socks! I wore a pair on my 23 mile walk. My feet got wet but stayed nice and warm even though the temps were <32*. Unfortunately, wet and a really long walk wore a hole in them......:(. Oh well, it was worth the comfort, and I still have 5 pairs!

Gambit McCrae
12-26-2018, 23:53
I got a family of my own, little people that think i hung the moon. I couldnt be happier. Merry christmas ya filthy animals

Dogwood
12-27-2018, 01:00
I got a titanium UL French Press. Can you tell I've been testing it out often? Gotta test that gear out pre hike.

bighammer
12-27-2018, 08:16
I got a titanium UL French Press. Can you tell I've been testing it out often? Gotta test that gear out pre hike.

I had to search this one out, since for me, good coffee is one of those "essential luxury" items.

The cool factor quickly fades when the weight weenie in me figures my Via packs are consumed completely, (except for tiny packaging) but a press pot cup has coffee grounds left behind. I might take Via packs for the whole trip, (not always easy to find at a reasonable price) but a press pot would allow coffee shopping/resupply along the way.

Just great, another category to throw around and debate internally. :-? Merry Christmas :datz

Leo L.
12-27-2018, 09:49
Got a €100,- voucher for the local outdoor shop.

I had on my wishlist:
600g down sleeping bag
inflatable pad
snowshoes

Over the last months, I've sorted out all those items as "Things I'll never buy":
I have a 800g down bag that is heavily used and has the warmth of a new 600g
Had very bad experience with inflatable pads in the areas I'll be using them
Have better stuff than snowshoes: Rossignol Free Trek mini skier

So now I'm a bit lost about what to buy?

illabelle
12-27-2018, 18:11
Santa brought me some new boots! Sweet! Double sweet!

Puddlefish
12-27-2018, 18:39
Santa brought me some new boots! Sweet! Double sweet!

I went on a first date hiking, with someone who assured me she could hike. She showed up at the trail head in something very similar to the boots on the left. We're still good friends, but we don't hike together often. Good times.

Traffic Jam
12-27-2018, 19:01
I got a family of my own, little people that think i hung the moon. I couldnt be happier. Merry christmas ya filthy animals
Congratulations!

Traillium
12-27-2018, 21:15
[QUOTE=Gambit McCrae;2232257] I got a family of my own, little people that think i hung the moon. I couldnt be happier. /QUOTE]

One of the best lines I’ve seen on WB! Thanks!!!

illabelle
12-27-2018, 21:59
I went on a first date hiking, with someone who assured me she could hike. She showed up at the trail head in something very similar to the boots on the left. We're still good friends, but we don't hike together often. Good times.
Those are some beautiful boots, but they're no good for any sort of walking. Those Keens, on the other hand, are itching to get out there in the mud!

Alligator
12-28-2018, 16:18
Those are some beautiful boots, but they're no good for any sort of walking. Those Keens, on the other hand, are itching to get out there in the mud!Call 'em your urban hikers.

Alligator
12-28-2018, 16:29
My wife got me one of these (https://www.ridgewallet.com/collections/all-wallets/products/titanium-burnt). I like it a lot so far. It had the clip on it but I also received the cash strap and put that on. The cash strap seems to be able to handle those little grocery keychain cards well, plus cash. Although I like the style of a money clip. I like that it is super compact, sits nicer in my pants pocket.

This qualifies as one of those items I might have put on my wish list but wouldn't buy (due to the price). It's a super nice gift though plus she got it engraved.