PDA

View Full Version : Gear supply store

Hikingchef
01-11-2019, 10:30
For those starting thru hikes or even longer section hikes this year, there is now a wonderful hiking supply store in Front Royal, VA. It’s about 6 miles off the trail head, but there are shuttles that run from the trail head into town, and if you stop at the Mountain House B&B they also do shuttle services in. The store is called Mountain Trails, Gary is the owner, he bounces between the two store locations but always answers the phone for questions. The staff are all hikers, most have done the AT at least once. They are dog friendly, so if your hiking with your furry friend you can still go resupply.

Gambit McCrae
01-11-2019, 11:25
What a great resource for FR! Its been years since I was in FR but I waited out a hurricane storm there during my first week long hike. Do you know if it could possibly be a mailing location for hikers?

Hikingchef
01-11-2019, 11:31
Gambit, I’m not sure if they would be a mail drop, but I’d be surprised if they said no if you ask. I’m going out there later this week to talk to them and see if they have put a sign up on the PATC board at the trail head. I do believe that Mountain House accepts resupply boxes, but it’s been 2 years since I asked them.