PDA

View Full Version : No Resupply?

AbeHikes
02-23-2006, 21:56
On your thru or section hikes, what locations have you come across which are sorely in need of a decent resupply or outfitter? Be realistic about it. I'm referring to locations which could really host one (not national or state parks, ones at which commercial land could be or is available).

neo
02-24-2006, 00:10
On your thru or section hikes, what locations have you come across which are sorely in need of a decent resupply or outfitter? Be realistic about it. I'm referring to locations which could really host one (not national or state parks, ones at which commercial land could be or is available).

port clinton sucks,there is an outfitter there but only has a lot of stuff during thru hike season,no real stores,ran out of toilet paper,but hamburg
pa a few miles away has everything,i thought port clinton was the worst place,there is a post office there,so mail drops are fine:cool: neo

Blue Jay
02-24-2006, 13:14
port clinton sucks,there is an outfitter there but only has a lot of stuff during thru hike season,no real stores,ran out of toilet paper,but hamburg
pa a few miles away has everything,i thought port clinton was the worst place,there is a post office there,so mail drops are fine:cool: neo

Nashville is good for resupply of jumpsuits for fat guys. You should stay there.:eek:

neo
02-24-2006, 13:22
Nashville is good for resupply of jumpsuits for fat guys. You should stay there.:eek:

up yours to bj:cool: neo

neo
02-24-2006, 13:27

what,s your problem,i had a bad experince in port clinton pa and i post it
i did not make any bad remark about you or any one else:cool: neo

Gray Blazer
02-24-2006, 13:45
:) Hey, Neo, what's up. Don't let these guys get you down. It makes them feel better to put other people down.

neo
02-24-2006, 13:47
:) Hey, Neo, what's up. Don't let these guys get you down. It makes them feel better to put other people down.

thanks bear bait:cool: neo

Sloghound
02-25-2006, 21:35
Should be seen for what it is.....baseless.

Old Spice
02-25-2006, 22:00
and back to the original question... i am curious too as i do not plan on doing maildrops... just a bounce box with a few days worth of food perhaps in case things are slow along the way.

aaronthebugbuffet
02-25-2006, 23:58
i found maildrops for food totally useless along the trail.only one i really found useful was at fontana and even that one can be avoided.

hopefulhiker
02-26-2006, 09:46
It seemed to me that there were enough outfitters to get by last year... I quit doing the bounce box because it was almost as cheap just to buy the supplies I needed as I went than to keep shipping stuff up the trail... My wife did send me a bunch of mail drops though...

Lilred
02-26-2006, 10:24
I resupplied at NOC and wished I had done a maildrop there. The selection was poor and the prices were tripled.