PDA

View Full Version : Thru-Hiker and A-T celebration

Mountain Man
02-23-2006, 22:54
There will be a Thru-Hiker and A-T celebration held at Amicalola Falls State Park March 4th and 5th. They will have Programs by former Thru-Hikers including Gene Espy the second person to Thru-Hike the trail. There will be someone representing the ATC and the GATC there. Also plenty of other programs going on both days. While you are there check out the new A-T exhibit in the Visitors center. Do a hike up to the Len Foote Hike Inn or maybe to Springer. So if it's where you can come by and see us.

Sly
02-23-2006, 23:18
Gene's a cool guy. I think he hiked the trail the year I was born, and that was a long time ago!

Sounds like it's going to be a great time.

freefall
02-24-2006, 00:24
There will be a Thru-Hiker and A-T celebration held at Amicalola Falls State Park March 4th and 5th. They will have Programs by former Thru-Hikers including Gene Espy the second person to Thru-Hike the trail. There will be someone representing the ATC and the GATC there. Also plenty of other programs going on both days. While you are there check out the new A-T exhibit in the Visitors center. Do a hike up to the Len Foote Hike Inn or maybe to Springer. So if it's where you can come by and see us.

Guess there was a bonus to pushing my start date back a week after all.