PDA

View Full Version : S.O.S.--The "Sharp Object Sheath"

jasonklass
02-24-2006, 01:06
Here's a cheap way to store tent stakes, trowels, sporks, and other things that pose a puncture threat to other gear in your pack: http://www.freewebs.com/jasonklass/sos.htm

johnny quest
02-24-2006, 11:09
thanks for the tip. i had asked for such ideas in a diffrent thread a while back. by the way, great website!

Footslogger
02-24-2006, 11:14
About the only sharp objects I carry these days are my tent stakes. Someone else a while back posted an idea and I tried it out with great success. I took my 6 titanium stakes over to the hardware store and bought a piece of clear plastic tubing that was large enough to hold them. Made it a little longer than the stakes.

This thread made me think of that and I just wanted to post this as a sort of "thank you" for the idea.

'Slogger

johnny quest
02-24-2006, 11:17
oooooooh. thats a good idea too1

totempole99
02-24-2006, 11:40
For tent stakes you can also get a piece of cardboard with the triangle pattern(? what it looks like to me) on the edge. Cut the length of cardboard slightly longer than the stake and slide stake down in the cardboard. Using every other triangle works well for me, YMMV, especially with varying widths of cardboard. Only bad thing about this is that cardboard warps if it gets wet, but it is pretty readily available and usually free to replace.

jasonklass
02-24-2006, 22:19
thanks for the tip. i had asked for such ideas in a diffrent thread a while back. by the way, great website!

Thanks! I'm getting a little better at the web thing and am making changes ad adding articles all the time. I'm going to add 2 more articles tomorrow. Keep checking back to see the changes.