PDA

View Full Version : Little update...

WhiteBlazin
02-09-2019, 14:51
Alright so last year I made a gofundme and posted here.
https://whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php/127691-I-made-a-GoFundMe-if-anyone-wanna-help%C3%A9
It's was really of bad taste since it was my very first post on this forum, this is my second btw lol.
anyway i didnt realize it got to over 90 reply until now.
I didnt recieve a donation and actually deleted the gofundme couple days later because of some negative comments, which was not entirely false.

anyway I did go out there and hiked half of the trail. Got to harpers ferry and called it quit, after about a little less than 3 months of hiking.
I had almost no training and I was amazed how fast i got into the rhythm. Lost 25 pounds and could go up the mountains non stop.
I had some pain in my feet tho, I had to stop every hour and massage my feet, was kinda killing me but wasnt the main reason i stop.
I stop cause I got kinda bored and I didnt really find a group of people that I would hike with full time.
Anyway, had an amazing time, Im proud I hiked half of it and Ill be going out there in 2020 or 2021 to finish my "thru hike".

gl to everyone going out there this year!

4eyedbuzzard
02-10-2019, 12:05
Yeah, bad first step. No big deal. Good that you can dust yourself off.

Lots of people get bored with hiking after many weeks. Probably the biggest reason people quit thru-hikes (even though other reasons are offered up). It just stops being fun.