PDA

View Full Version : Intresting Post

Big Oz
02-24-2006, 17:14
An intresting post in Hiawassee,Ga.A hostal next to Dicks Creek Gap.I has
a trout pond,Cabins and a message parlor.The post is "A new lodging in
Hiawassee". it's posted on http://appalachiantrailservices.com on their forum:-?

Cuffs
02-24-2006, 17:29
"I has..." edumacated folk... and "message parlor" is that an appalachian internet cafe?

MOWGLI
02-24-2006, 17:53
http://www.upperhightowertrout.com/

Big Oz
02-24-2006, 19:46
"I has..." edumacated folk... and "message parlor" is that an appalachian internet cafe?I saw that after I posted it.Yes I need a little more schooling.massage parlor,excuse me.:o

Cuffs
02-24-2006, 20:08
My apologies! I thought you were quote the site! Typos make a difference. I did check out the site Mowgli put up and it looks like a really nice place. Especially if they offer massages for tired hiker muscles!

Ridge
02-24-2006, 21:29
I'd like to know the prices. Would like to see pics of the girls also. Do they have bunks?

Big Oz
02-24-2006, 22:16
I'd like to know the prices. Would like to see pics of the girls also. Do they have bunks?Go to http://appalachiantrailservices.com
and to forums or go to trail crossing # 7 in ga.click on hostals.

Nearly Normal
02-25-2006, 18:07
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 6:02 PM
Subject: hostel

>
>
> You've been posted on a hiking forum as a new hostel.
> I've looked at your website and am interested.
> I will be section hiking and need a place to
> clean up and leave an auto.
> Is this a possibility? Do you provide shuttles?
pete

Answer.

We do not provide shuttles unless we are going that way, by rare
chance.....I would call Andy for certainty....he told me he can usually be
where you need a pick up in 30 minutes, and he does this type of shuttle all
the time.
(706)282-7672-Office (770)823-8197 Adam McKinney owner

We do not offer a place to "clean up" unless you are renting a bed and or
room - subject to our usual rates....of course you could always dip in the
creeks or the trout ponds.....just kidding.
Tell me more details about your hike and I will consider letting you park
here for no charge - as long as you rent from us, and it is very short term.
Thanks for inquiring,
Laura
706 896 8959

tiamalle
02-28-2006, 21:48
My apologies! I thought you were quote the site! Typos make a difference. I did check out the site Mowgli put up and it looks like a really nice place. Especially if they offer massages for tired hiker muscles!Geo,I stopped there Sunday with my wife and kids.The Cabin and rooms were extra nice and so were the owners.I have twin sons 7 yrs old and they really enjoyed the trout they caught.For A T hikers this is really worth checking on.

:sun :sun :sun

galaleemc
06-18-2006, 20:55
I just came across this post....let me clarify some things.

First of all the owner is a LICENSED MASSAGE THERAPIST

galaleemc
06-18-2006, 20:55
I just came across this post....let me clarify some things.

First of all the owner is a LICENSED MASSAGE THERAPIST with 17 years expereince, I left a prestigious

galaleemc
06-18-2006, 21:24
Hi I don't know why the posts go through on their own....this has happened more than once, pardon me please,.............so to finish.

I left a successful, and prestigious Massage Therapy practice in Florida to move here with my husband. Just about the time I offered my services to our guests at Cloud9 I fell down a flight or stairs and knew right away it would take the summer to heal, so I withdrew the offer of my therapuetic services.

We do not offer hanky panky, jerky- jerky massage parlor services here, please go somewhere else.

In the future, IF I offer my professional services, guests at Cloud9 will need to inquire while they are here on the property or in advance of their stays.

To answer some of your other questions:
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14052&highlight=cloud9

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13772&highlight=cloud9

neighbor dave
06-20-2006, 18:23
:-? whew!!!
now that all of that has been straightened out it looks like a happy ending!!!:eek: :D

Pacific Tortuga
06-21-2006, 13:55
It's not associated to the "Prophet" and the last stoned turned is it? Is there any place on the trail to get a rub and a tug or tub and a hug ? I'd settle for a sub and no bug's :o sorry, brain fart :rolleyes:

cannonball
06-21-2006, 14:11
While on vacation last month at Vogel state park in N. Geo. I took my kids to the trout farm. They caught fish and had a great time.
Got a chance to tour cloud nine and man what a casa. For the price, I believe its 20 bucks a nice, it is probably the best deal on the trail. The place is really uptown and has everything. Frankly, I thought it was too nice to let hiker trash in even if they took thier shoes off.:p
The only down side is that it is only a mile down the road from the blueberry patch. This puts 2 good hostels next store while in a perfect world they both could stand on thier own.
Have'nt met the owner personally but have communicated with her, she seems like good people.

Wonder
06-21-2006, 15:19
I have worked at Cloud 9/Upper High Tower Trout Farm. It is a fantastic place run by outstanding people. You really feel like you are pampering yourself there........ I highly suggest the stop for anyone.