PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle/Parking

hiker37691
03-05-2019, 11:05
Looking for recommendations for a shuttle from Franklin, NC to Clingman's Dome early May. Also a secure place to park vehicle.
Thanks for any thought!!

TNhiker
03-05-2019, 11:12
hike inn is down in that area and does shuttles...

also, ron brown might be able to help....

Gambit McCrae
03-05-2019, 11:20
hike inn is down in that area and does shuttles...

also, ron brown might be able to help....

I have asked Ron about shuttles further north of Fontana and he respectively declined.

The Hike INN or a walk in the woods would be good choices

TNhiker
03-05-2019, 11:21
I have asked Ron about shuttles further north of Fontana and he respectively declined.

ok...

i was kinda wondering about that...

and was hoping you would hop in on this thread since you are the shuttle expert, it seems........

tenderfoot trekker
03-30-2019, 23:42
My husband and I are planning to day hike the AT from Harpers Ferry to Pen Mar in 4 sections over 4 days next month. We'll be "based" in our camper in Greenbrier SP in Boonsboro. We'd prefer not taking two cars and hoped to be able to utilize shuttles to get us to the beginning of each section, parking our car at the end. This is our "maiden voyage" on the AT and would appreciate any wisdom from veteran hikers on shuttles, etc.

carouselambra
03-31-2019, 10:00
I used Mark Cusic (Strings) out of Harpers Ferry for a shuttle service in that area and was very satisfied. He has hiked the trail so he can provide advice/info beyond shuttling. His contact information when I used him last year was [email protected] and 304-433-0028.