PDA

View Full Version : SGT Rock Update...

Pages : [1] 2

dixicritter
02-26-2006, 00:55
Just to let all his friends here know, he's now "safely" over in Kuwait. He'll be there for several days (not sure how many for security reasons) doing some more training before they roll up to their camp in Iraq.

As of yet I still don't have a mailing address for him, but have started a list of folks who have requested it. I promise to get that out as soon as I get one. Anyone else that wishes to have it please let me know here or via PM.

Thanks again for all the support and well wishes!

Rain Man
02-26-2006, 01:14
All our best to SGT Rock as he hikes around Iraq. And to Dixicritter and the little rocks too!

Rain:sunMan

Cookerhiker
02-26-2006, 08:14
All our best to SGT Rock as he hikes around Iraq. And to Dixicritter and the little rocks too!

I second that!

dixicritter
03-02-2006, 17:56
I originally posted this thread in the General Non-AT section.

Have another update...

SGT Rock is now in Baghdad, just not at his camp yet. They still have a few more days of training before taking over from the unit that's there now. His only wish is that he could get there and get some laundry done...LOL.

Seriously he's doing well and in good spirits. Y'all hike a few miles for him this year and for those that drink, raise a glass for him too (whiskey's his fav).

Thank you to everyone that's sending good thoughts and prayers our way!

Smile
03-02-2006, 18:24
Will do....!

weary
03-02-2006, 18:50
Will do....!
Have done!

Disney
03-02-2006, 18:56
Will continue to.

Trooper347
03-02-2006, 19:26
Here's to Sgt Rock, his unit, and all the men and women that serve. May they all return to us safely.

Thanks Dixicritter for the update.

blindeye
03-02-2006, 19:41
my best to you and your family. GODSPEED!

Moxie00
03-02-2006, 20:49
May he keep his head down, his spirts up, and come back home healthy, happy and in one piece. My thoughts are with him and you Dixicritter.

neo
03-02-2006, 22:53
i am proud of ya sgt rock and all my brothers and sisters in uniform:cool: neo

us navy 78-82

dixicritter
03-02-2006, 22:59
Thanks everyone!

He's promised to keep his butt down, his head on swivel and return home safe and sound.

Tin Man
03-03-2006, 09:05
Thanks for the update Dixicritter! We are all looking forward to Rock's safe return. God bless!

Sloghound
03-03-2006, 09:36
Here's best wishes, and biggest thanks to you and your fellow troops.

Others don't always play nice, so we need some strong referees.

Mini-Mosey
03-04-2006, 12:22
God keep and strengthen you and your family. God bless Sgt. Rock and all our troops.

dixicritter
03-12-2006, 00:37
I got news today from SGT Rock that he is now at Camp Justice, which is where he will be working from while he's over there this time. He's still doing well, however he hasn't gotten a mailing address yet. I am keeping a list of everyone that has asked me for the address and as soon as he gets that to me I'll get it out.

He did finally get to do some laundry recently too, so he's a much happier camper about that too...LOL. Now that he's at his base he'll have access to such facilities on a more regular basis too.

Thank you to all who are keeping us in your thoughts and prayers, they are greatly appreciated.

Sly
03-12-2006, 00:39
Dixiecritter, when you get Rock's mailing adress could you please pass it along with any suggestions of what he may need or want.

Thanks...

dixicritter
03-12-2006, 01:16
I'll add you to the list Sly!

Currently he says he has everything he needs and hasn't thought of any wants. I'll be sure and let everyone know if he does come up with stuff though.

Sly
03-12-2006, 01:30
Thanks Dixiecritter! If you ever run into a jam and need some help while Rock's away feel free to ask.

carolinahiker
03-12-2006, 01:45
Good luck to you dixi and rock my oldest is in the infantry outside mosuel there till august. Hes tired of it and wants to come home tired of iragis and kurds and the whole mess.

Lone Wolf
03-12-2006, 10:15
God bless Sgt. Rock. And his family. I'm proud of that Soldier. He wrote the book on integrity. He and his troops will get it done!

timhines
03-12-2006, 20:24
I know a lot of folks are willing to send stuff over to Sgt Rock.

I'm sure that if some of you wanted to visit www.anysoldier.com and send some stuff to someone else he would be equally pleased!

Pickles
03-13-2006, 11:29
My group here at work adopted a soldier last year through www.anysoldier.com (http://www.anysoldier.com) who only asked that we send kids clothes, small toys, school supplies, etc so he and his co-workers could distribute the stuff to the Iraqi families near where they paroled. It was great to see pictures of kids holding items we had donated. If Sgt Rock is in a position to accept such donations or if he has co-workers who need support, please let us know.

Skidsteer
03-13-2006, 18:35
My group here at work adopted a soldier last year through www.anysoldier.com (http://www.anysoldier.com) who only asked that we send kids clothes, small toys, school supplies, etc so he and his co-workers could distribute the stuff to the Iraqi families near where they paroled. It was great to see pictures of kids holding items we had donated. If Sgt Rock is in a position to accept such donations or if he has co-workers who need support, please let us know.

Excellent idea. I'd be proud to help. Dixiecritter?

dixicritter
03-14-2006, 22:36
I will talk to him about that and see what he says. I know last time he had folks send "care packages" to him and he would share with his unit, so he may just want to do it that way again. Last time I talked to him he said he didn't need anything right now, but we all know that can change.

I will let everyone know as soon as I can.

Dances with Mice
03-15-2006, 07:42
I will talk to him about that and see what he says. I know last time he had folks send "care packages" to him and he would share with his unit, so he may just want to do it that way again. Last time I talked to him he said he didn't need anything right now, but we all know that can change.
I will let everyone know as soon as I can.Do you think they would like Girl Scout cookies? My wife & I didn't coordinate our purchases at work so we've got a lot of Thin Mints in that convenient, single serving BOX.

dixicritter
03-15-2006, 10:34
Do you think they would like Girl Scout cookies? My wife & I didn't coordinate our purchases at work so we've got a lot of Thin Mints in that convenient, single serving BOX.

I think they just might. I don't know many folks that would turn down Girl Scout cookies.

greentick
03-15-2006, 10:51
Do you think they would like Girl Scout cookies? My wife & I didn't coordinate our purchases at work so we've got a lot of Thin Mints in that convenient, single serving BOX.

Check the weather in Iraq. Uncle Sam doesn't keep the mail in warehouses with AC.

dixicritter
03-16-2006, 23:13
I talked to SGT Rock today and he said that currently he and his team don't need anything. He asks that anyone wishing to send support go to the anysoldier website and sponsor someone there that has expressed a need. It would make him happy. He sends a special thank you to all who have asked to help him out too.

TJ aka Teej
03-16-2006, 23:27
He asks that anyone wishing to send support go to the anysoldier website and sponsor someone there that has expressed a need.

Will do, dixicritter! That's a great photo of Sergant Horn and all the Afghani kids on the webpage! www.anysoldier.com (http://www.anysoldier.com)

Furlough
03-23-2006, 23:01
Dixiecritter,
I will be headed to Iraq at the end of May for a one year tour. I'll start out in the Green Zone, not sure where my final destination will be. Hopefully Rock and I can cross paths while we are over there.

Just Jeff
03-24-2006, 03:33
Keep your head down and your ass safe, Furlough.

SGT Rock
04-19-2006, 08:49
Thought I better log in and keep my post count up before someone passes me.

Here I am at Camp Justice working with the Iraqi 2nd National Police Division. I'm part of an 11 man team known as a SPiTT team (Special Police Transition Team) that has the job of training and equipping these boys to take the counter insurgency fight away from the Americans and do it Iraqi style. They have a long way to go and a short time to get there. But it seems to be helping because there are fewer Americans here this year than last, and it looks like we can get it even lower by next year when I leave - God willing.

I plan to write a longer post about what is going on here for my website and keep the Whiteblaze more on track for what it is - an Appalachian Trail Website, so if you want to get more info you can go there as I try not to piss off anyone that gets their feathers ruffled when we get too off track here from that purpose.

But just know that I am doing fine and missing the trail in a big way. I was thinking the other day how cool it would be to sit up at Mt Collins Shelter and do a little trail magic for the Thru-Hikers if I were only home this weekend. I miss the trail people and the freedom of being on the trail living the carefree life of only worrying how far and what's for dinner. I hope the class of '06 is going strong and realizing how good it really is to be doing it.

Iraq is a lot more stable than I remember from last time here, although it is still dangerous. The power works, the Iraqi police and army are working, the water is good, and traffic is worse than ever LOL. Quality of life as a soldier is 100% better than when I left - hell I even have my own Internet connection in my room for when I have time off. Of course most of that is spent chatting with my great wife.

To be totally honest, last time I was here even getting a roll of toilet paper was a prize present. This time I have hot showers, flush toilets, three hot meals a day, an air-conditioned trailer with my own bunk, and many other "luxuries" I didn't have last time. I would hate for people to spend lots of money on postage to send things I can get over here - seems awful selfish on my part.

What I do miss is my family, whiskey, trail life, BMT trail maintenance, good smoked pork, and rare steak (they only do well done at the mess hall). Most of that you can't package and send. I also miss cool mountain air and spring rain, but I can at least simulate that with AC and a spray bottle.

I appreciate all of y'all offering support and helping out with the site. It is great that WhitBlaze continues to need upgrades because it's users are using more than the hosting packages ATTroll keeps upgrading to. I see that ATTroll has even had to get some folks to help out monitoring and moderating the site since it has gotten to big for even one person, let alone two people with jobs to keep up with it all.

I will miss y'all at Trail Days this year - so drink some JB for me at Dots with LW or around the campfire over at Billville and say a prayer for my safe return (and for the rest of the troops) please - it is still dangerous. And tell Bob Peoples I am sorry I ain't going to be there to help this year - I was so looking forward to another rocker for my Hardcore Patch. I'm also going to miss going up to see Ms Janet, drinking one with BJ, and getting some miles in around Erwin - one of the best trail towns there is.

Lastly (for this post) my hats off to ATTRoll for doing the tough stuff back in Maine to keep the site rolling. He puts a lot of his personal time and sweat into providing the site for people without any compensation other than having the same board to participate in as the rest of you. It is amazing how people can forget that there is no other payback for us in doing this site when they beat him or other moderators up for doing this out of their own time. Lighten up you guys with the complaints, you try doing it a while and see how hard it is to make everyone happy.

lbbrown
04-19-2006, 09:01
God Bless Sgt. Rock, his family and all our troops.

Trail Dog
04-19-2006, 09:06
Rock on be safe.

Scouts Out!

Alligator
04-19-2006, 09:09
Stay safe SGT. Thank you and the family for your continued service. Seems like mountain money is a universal commodity...

greentick
04-19-2006, 09:32
What I do miss is my family, whiskey...

Do they search your mail? JB comes in the lightweight, re-usable, air-droppable, conveniently sized fifth. For medicinal purposes only, of course. Apply liberally from within before bed.

SGT Rock
04-19-2006, 09:35
Actually they randomly check some, but most packages are never checked. They make a brown Listerine that looks the same as JB. Some people drain, rinse, refill, and then send that LOL.

Local
04-19-2006, 09:40
Sgt. Rock, I send admiration and respect to you and your family. You are what makes this nation great.

RockyTrail
04-19-2006, 10:03
Sgt. Rock, I send admiration and respect to you and your family. You are what makes this nation great.
AMEN, BROTHER!

TDale
04-19-2006, 12:18
Now why couldn't we dehydrate some bbq, vacumn bag it and ship ti?

Footslogger
04-19-2006, 12:26
Hey Top,

Glad to hear that conditions have improved over there since your first deployment and that they're taking good care of you.

Won't be the same at Trail Days this year without you.

Get home safe and soon ...

'Slogger

Trail Yeti
04-19-2006, 14:29
Actually they randomly check some, but most packages are never checked. They make a brown Listerine that looks the same as JB. Some people drain, rinse, refill, and then send that LOL.

Is that a hint?:cool:
watch your six Rock....and remember, if you get in trouble you can always call the MARINES!
Semper Fi!

SGT Rock
04-19-2006, 15:05
Hell I have Marines in my Division - These SPiTT teams are Army and Marine ground troops teaching the Iraqi police how to fight.

And yes, that could be a hint ;)

My ass is low and my head is on a swivel. I have had enough contact in 1.5 months to last most FOBBITS a lifetime.

erichlf
04-19-2006, 15:18
Hell I have Marines in my Division - These SPiTT teams are Army and Marine ground troops teaching the Iraqi police how to fight.

My ass is low and my head is on a swivel. I have had enough contact in 1.5 months to last most FOBBITS a lifetime.
With how much whiskey you will be sent you are going to be able to make a bit of money from it. If you are really desperate you could always make what we sailors make, Bilge Wine. Not too sure you would really want to do that though.

Trail Yeti
04-19-2006, 15:34

Stand by for incoming;) :D :banana

SGT Rock
04-19-2006, 15:35
LOL, sounds better than what I got yesterday for incoming.

briarpatch
04-19-2006, 16:41
I can see it now ..... a postal unit in Iraq, a clerk says, "that Sgt Rock must have really bad breath, folks in 12 states are sending him bottle after bottle of listerine!".

SuperTroll
04-19-2006, 17:08
OK, I'm out of date and confused...I thought Rock had retired and was planning the AT Thru...wut happened?

erichlf
04-19-2006, 17:18
Well, even if one retires they are put on what is none as Reserve Status. Someone that is on Reserve Status can be called back into active duty. I am not sure if this is what occurred, but it does happen. I am glad I was not called back (my reserve has been up for a few years).

Krewzer
04-19-2006, 22:46
...hang in there Rock. You'll all be short before you know it.

ed bell
04-19-2006, 23:18
Great to hear from you SGT. I don't know you, but hope to meet you one day. Your wife is doing a fine job helping out with the site, and keeping updates comming. Keep that head on a swivel and that ass down low, hope to have all the troops home soon.:sun

SGT Rock
04-20-2006, 01:07
Thanks y'all. I'll be home in time for NEXT Trail Days.

I haven't retired yet. After my last trip to Iraq the Army put me in a training unit that advises NG units in Tennessee so I took the opportunity to buy my retirement house near GSMNP and commute to work. For about the last 18 months I was training NG units that were going to Iraq. As for my thru-hike, well I am still planning to retire when I get back. I plan to drop my DA4187 in July 2007 after a little hiking. Then I will be out of the Army and start hiking around 1 April 2008 give or take a few days. I might stay in a few extra years if they select me for Sergeant Major, but at this point it would be a decision not an automatic thing for me to stay longer for that.

Now with all the experience in Iraq, and all the experience training units, I get to come back here and exercise both and train the Iraqi units to operate in Iraq - weird concept but it is working.

There are problems over here with the concept of how things are going and how we are doing business. There are huge problems that have to be worked through with the Iraqi Police or we might end up with a civil war someday - amazing to be so close to what can make or break a nation! But I feel good about doing SOMETHING so more of our sons and daughters don't have to keep making trips over here.

greentick
04-20-2006, 01:34
There are huge problems that have to be worked through with the Iraqi Police or we might end up with a civil war someday - amazing to be so close to what can make or break a nation! But I feel good about doing SOMETHING so more of our sons and daughters don't have to keep making trips over here.

I miss alot of that stuff. Amazing how much a common soldier can do. It's part of the reason I got into hiking - partly to fill the void. It's not the same as drinking green tea with a VP or various warlords but then again that stuff falls short of hiking the AT in many aspects. And then again there are similarities between the two, lack of porcelain for example and eating while sitting on the ground. Get up in the morning and walk with a pack - with or without a gun. Plenty of time outside.:rolleyes:

Stay safe Bro and don't teach em everything you know.

SGT Rock
05-03-2006, 14:06
Just a quick update to this thread. My mail address has changed over here (again) and if you want it, please contact Dixicritter since we are not going to post it on the internet because of security concerns.

Thanks!

dixicritter
07-23-2006, 20:40
Update....

SGT Rock will be on his way home around the end of this week for mid tour leave. We get him home for a full 15 days! :banana

He does have plans while he's home for an overnighter on the BMT where he maintains with the boys. Just thought I'd let y'all know that.

Lone Wolf
07-23-2006, 20:44
That's great! God bless our warriors. God bless your family.

Skidsteer
07-23-2006, 20:51
May the fifteen days seem like fifty and may the remainder of Sgt. Rock's tour seem like fifteen days.:)

TJ aka Teej
07-23-2006, 20:54
Update....

SGT Rock will be on his way home around the end of this week

Great news! Thanks, DixieCritter!

TOW
07-23-2006, 21:20
right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amigi'sLastStand
07-23-2006, 21:34
Once he hits the trail he's gonna wanna AWOL!:D Glad he's coming home. Take care of him Dixie, God Bless to all of you.
Chuck

frieden
07-23-2006, 22:03
That is wonderful news. Wishing SGT a safe and happy trip!

dixicritter
07-23-2006, 23:18
Thanks Y'all! We're pretty excited here at the HQ!

Rain Man
07-24-2006, 00:31
COOL!!!!

Trail Dog
07-24-2006, 01:45
ahh the best 15 days i can remember. have fun.

SGT Rock
07-24-2006, 04:50
Wow, thanks y'all. I'm planning to hit the Slickrock Trail right up on Slickrock Creek near where Stiffknee trail and the Slickrock trail join. The plan is to hike out there on the 3rd and spend the night watching cowboy TV and playing around in the creek. Then hike out in the afternoon on the 4th - got company coming.

If you're in the neighborhood, stop by where all the hammocks are.

SGT Rock
07-29-2006, 06:07
Quick update. I got home yesterday. My plane landed at the Knoxville airport at about 0915 local time. So far I have been LOVING IT! Everything is so GREEN and the weather is so COMFORTABLE!

I've already made one trip to the Smokies, turons are everywhere. Going again today (when everyone wakes up later) for a lunch and playing in the creek, probably up around Treemont. Then later we will start getting our packs ready for Slickrock Creek next week.

America is still the best place in the world. And I am a lucky man to have a great family and live in the Appalachians. Life doesn't get any better than this.

Roland
07-29-2006, 06:15
It's easy to take our blessings for granted. Your post reminds us that not everyone is as well off as we are.

Welcome home, Rock. All the best to you and the family.

SGT Rock
07-29-2006, 07:13
Thanks Roland.

I just came back from outside - IT IS RAINING! I walked around in the rain for a while drinking coffee and playing with the dog. I LOVE AMERICA and I LOVE THE APPALACHIANS!

dixicritter
07-29-2006, 07:20
He did too, it was funny! I stood INSIDE watching and laughing at them. ;)

peanuts
07-29-2006, 09:43
WELCOME HOME SARGE, enjoy your home and your family......

and THANK YOU for your service:)

StarLyte
07-29-2006, 10:15
Thanks Roland.

I just came back from outside - IT IS RAINING! I walked around in the rain for a while drinking coffee and playing with the dog. I LOVE AMERICA and I LOVE THE APPALACHIANS!

Oh WOW - now I'm really going to celebrate.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-29-2006, 10:20
Welcome home. It's still raining here so I imagine it it's still raining out your way. Enjoy it.

BTW, do you need any help with the BMT maintenance in Slickrock while you are serving?

TOW
07-29-2006, 11:58
America is still the best place in the world. And I am a lucky man to have a great family and live in the Appalachians. Life doesn't get any better than this.

welcome home TOPS...............

Darwin again
07-29-2006, 12:40
Welcome back, Top!:welcome

SGT Rock
07-29-2006, 13:33
Thanks y'all. I went by the outfitters today in Maryville and saw Wildcat. Looks like he is working there between hikes. Nice to see a guy with the AT and PCT giving gear advice.

Looking forward to getting on the trail next week.

bfitz
07-29-2006, 13:48
Thanks Roland.

:sun Thanks for the reminder!:welcome home!:sun

rainmaker
07-29-2006, 13:53
Welcome back dude.

neo
07-29-2006, 19:57
:) welcome home sarge,happy trails to ya always:cool: neo

smokymtnsteve
07-29-2006, 21:35
so glad your well ROCK,,,,your in my thoughts always and would be in my prayers ifn I believed in such :welcome

saimyoji
07-29-2006, 22:43
Welcome home SGT. Glad to know you're safe, getting some time with the family. God Bless.

Cookerhiker
07-30-2006, 19:59
Welcome home and enjoy your time with the family (and of course, your AT "family")

Skidsteer
08-03-2006, 08:07
Wow, thanks y'all. I'm planning to hit the Slickrock Trail right up on Slickrock Creek near where Stiffknee trail and the Slickrock trail join. The plan is to hike out there on the 3rd and spend the night watching cowboy TV and playing around in the creek. Then hike out in the afternoon on the 4th - got company coming.

If you're in the neighborhood, stop by where all the hammocks are.

Enjoy your hike today Sgt. Rock! :)

TIDE-HSV
08-03-2006, 08:30
I spent Friday night up at Naked Ground and, boy, did it ever rain (with a few exciting bolts). I couldn't get the seam-sealer (too much paint thinner?) to dry on my new Tarptent, so I took an old one man Goretex tent. It leaked, big time. I had to move in with Krewzer. We admitted defeat, hiked out down Santeetlah and dayhiked up Hangover on Sunday...

Frolicking Dinosaurs
08-03-2006, 09:24
SgtRock, hope you and your sons have a wonderful time. We had planned to do a bit of surprise trail magic for you guys, but the male dino's table saw accident has cancelled that plan. He has doctor appountments every day for the next week.

SGT Rock
08-04-2006, 21:53
We had a great time. HOI was up at the campsite we were planning to use, so we got a good visit in with him too. Then today we hauled about 40 pounds of trash out. That part wasn't fun.

SGT Rock
08-13-2006, 07:23
Howdy all. I just wanted you to know it has been a great visit and I greatly enjoyed my leave home, but now I have to head back. Catching a plane to Atlanta today at the airport in a few hours.

Keep on WhiteBlazing and happy trails.

Heater
08-13-2006, 07:25
Howdy all. I just wanted you to know it has been a great visit and I greatly enjoyed my leave home, but now I have to head back. Catching a plane to Atlanta today at the airport in a few hours.

Take care. :)

TOW
08-13-2006, 08:33
don't be taking no liquids..............

i wonder if they have quit serving drinks on the planes?

ShakeyLeggs
08-13-2006, 10:04
Top keep your butt down and your head on a swivle. We'll keep a light on for ya. Hurry back safe and sound.

Just Jeff
08-13-2006, 12:22
Get it done and get home safely.

Pacific Tortuga
08-13-2006, 13:22

Thank You and God Bless, see ya next year up the Trail.

saimyoji
08-13-2006, 15:57
Damn that was fast. Stay safe, god bless.

dixicritter
08-13-2006, 17:51
Yes it was. I put him on the plane this morning at around 11am heading for Atlanta, where he would then continue his journey on across the ocean. Thanks for the well wishes everyone! He'll probably be back online in a couple of days.

Smile
08-13-2006, 18:26
Safe journey!

TOW
08-13-2006, 18:52
Damn that was fast. Stay safe, god bless.way too short..........

Dances with Mice
08-13-2006, 19:35
Yes it was. I put him on the plane this morning at around 11am heading for Atlanta, where he would then continue his journey on across the ocean. Thanks for the well wishes everyone! He'll probably be back online in a couple of days.God bless.

You and the two ... Rock-Critterettes? ... have the hardest job because there's never any downtime.

dixicritter
08-15-2006, 13:03
Thanks y'all!

I got a message from SGT Rock on Yahoo in the wee early morning hours that he was in Kuwait waiting to fly up into Iraq. I think that was around the time he was also doing some posting on here too. He said he'd let me know when he was back at his camp as soon as he could.

StarLyte
08-15-2006, 13:43
Thanks y'all!

I got a message from SGT Rock on Yahoo in the wee early morning hours that he was in Kuwait waiting to fly up into Iraq. I think that was around the time he was also doing some posting on here too. He said he'd let me know when he was back at his camp as soon as he could.

Gosh-thanx Dixicritter. Many blessings to you and your family.

Cookerhiker
08-15-2006, 16:32

Good luck, God bless, keep safe (if you can).

dixicritter
08-16-2006, 11:57
To let y'all know... I just heard from SGT Rock that he made it "safely" back to his camp. Just thought you'd like to know.

Ewker
08-16-2006, 12:08
thanks for

Ewker
08-16-2006, 12:09
thanks for letting us know

Frolicking Dinosaurs
08-16-2006, 17:09
Glad he is back in the camp safely.

Amigi'sLastStand
08-16-2006, 20:18
Alright, bro.
TY Dixiecritter.
No shiit this time. Last field deploy. Nuts close, but not too close. Head on tight, but not too tight. Orders clear ( the 19 yr old ), but not too clear.... You get me. Be smart, stay safe. Love ya, and get home with all your fingers and toes.
Chuck

ed bell
08-16-2006, 20:42
Swivel city SGT. You know the drill. God bless. Get back to where you belong.

SGT Rock
08-17-2006, 01:33
Thanks y'all.

My ass is low and my head is back on a swivel.

But honestly, patrols come and go, but paperwork piles up. And guess which I have to do for the next few days? Luckily it means I will be near a network connection.

ASUGrad
08-17-2006, 09:24
Bring me back a Camel Spider

One of my friends just got back. He was walking downtown and someone complained to him because it was ...gasp...91 degrees. He laughed at them.

SGT Rock
08-26-2006, 09:06
:sun 118F in the sun :mad: and it was a long distance, hot patrol today.

Just a quick note to those of you that are supporting me of thanks and a celebration today of the half way point. Today is day 183 of 365, the mid mark has been achieved, it is downhill from here.

Thanks again y'all. WhiteBlaze is my only hobby when I am not on patrol (in case you couldn't tell from my post counts lately). :cool:

StarLyte
08-26-2006, 09:23
:sun 118F in the sun :mad: and it was a long distance, hot patrol today.
Just a quick note to those of you that are supporting me of thanks and a celebration today of the half way point. Today is day 183 of 365, the mid mark has been achieved, it is downhill from here.
Thanks again y'all. WhiteBlaze is my only hobby when I am not on patrol (in case you couldn't tell from my post counts lately). :cool:

Woohoo!!! Half time celebrate cheers here Rock!
Post count? What count? ;)

Just Jeff
08-26-2006, 11:43
We need some ideas for a half-time show...

SGT Rock
08-26-2006, 11:44
I would love to see some AT videos LOL

Alligator
08-26-2006, 11:48
We need some ideas for a half-time show...How about along the lines of Janet Jackson...

SGT Rock
08-26-2006, 11:50
Now that is scary in a stimulating sort of way.

Janet jackson on the trail with a wardrob malfunction - I don't buy the malfunction part. LOL ;)

Just Jeff
08-26-2006, 12:16
I'd buy another wardrobe malfunction...Janet's hot!

Disney
08-26-2006, 14:39
Congratulations Rock! Not only downhill, but should start cooling down in a little bit.

And speaking of videos, I don't live near the trail, but I really think some short videos posted on You Tube of the trail would be very popular. I imagined something along the lines of 5 minutes, encompasing some of the actual hiking for the day, the varied terrain, any good views if they're there, and maybe some shelter reflections and 30 second interviews with other hikers. All set to some low level back ground music. I'm nowhere near the trail, but I sure would enjoy seeing them.

TOW
08-26-2006, 14:48
I'd buy another wardrobe malfunction...Janet's hot!she sure is!!!!

TOW
08-26-2006, 14:49
Congratulations Rock! Not only downhill, but should start cooling down in a little bit.

And speaking of videos, I don't live near the trail, but I really think some short videos posted on You Tube of the trail would be very popular. I imagined something along the lines of 5 minutes, encompasing some of the actual hiking for the day, the varied terrain, any good views if they're there, and maybe some shelter reflections and 30 second interviews with other hikers. All set to some low level back ground music. I'm nowhere near the trail, but I sure would enjoy seeing them.we need to get pirate all fired up, i hear tell he's a good film maker...............

moondoggy
08-26-2006, 16:29
Sgt. Rock

Thanks

I'll drink a whiskey for you.....and would be honored to drink one with you sometime...

(Very,,,, former Marine)

ShakeyLeggs
08-26-2006, 16:35

hey Top can you say S H O R T

You know what I mean.
To bad ya aint a 2 digit midget

Now if i could just find that short picture the one with the steelpot and boots.

Hurry back safe and sound.

Nightwalker
08-28-2006, 00:07
I've got some nice-but-shaky ones that I took on Katahdin. Are AVI files uploadable here?

Amigi'sLastStand
08-28-2006, 00:58
Yeah, well, it may be "downhill" from here, but **head-swivel and move**, **head-swivel and move**. The bad guys dont know its all downhill, so stay sharp, 1stSGT. Always thinking of you.
Chuck

Nightwalker
08-28-2006, 01:19
That can be arranged.

Forget the upload here issue. I put 'em on Ifilm.

Halfway up Katahdin's Rock Face (http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2766974)
First Good View off of Katahdin Heading Up (http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2766973)
Katahdin Stream Falls (http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2766972)
360° view from Katahdin (http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2766956)
First View of the Tablelands (http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2766954)

Getting there!
Boston Harbor Panorama 1 of 2 (http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2766951)
Boston Harbor Panorama 2 of 2 (http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2766952)

2 good reasons not to be hiking in August '06: Lefty (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=12622&catid=member&imageuser=1641) and Righty (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=12623&catid=member&imageuser=1641)

SGT Rock
08-28-2006, 01:36
You are absolutely right Amigi, complacency kills. Truth is I think I am even more wired tight now that I can see the finish like at the bottom than I was 3 months ago. You have to constantly motivate yourself to keep sharp.

Thanks for the videos Nightwalker. My connection is sort of slow, but I will get to them all as time and connection permit.

Disney
08-28-2006, 01:44
That can be arranged.

Forget the upload here issue. I put 'em on Ifilm.

Those are nice. Makes me hate my desk even more.

Amigi'sLastStand
08-28-2006, 06:47
Sorry man. I didnt mean to rain on your parade, but I think you know what I mean. I've seen that "half way home" dance, and the one month version. Gets people sloppy and gets people.... Stay salty and ride the wave.
And keep posting frequently.

*prayer*

Chuck

TOW
08-28-2006, 08:11
Along with Amigi, that's called "Short Timers Syndrome."

the goat
08-28-2006, 08:21
nice videos nightwalker, brings back some good memories.

RockyTrail
08-28-2006, 13:10
The films are great Nightwalker!

Having never been on Katahdin, it does give me some idea of what it is to climb it, now I know what the much-mentioned "tablelands" are...maybe someday I'll see for myself. Take care of those feet!

Nightwalker
08-29-2006, 09:07
Thanks for the compliments. I could've taken 100 pictures, but a bad video tells the story much better.

On the way to the Doc in just a few minutes to find out if my whole season is ruined! :)

dixicritter
01-17-2007, 19:35
It's been a while since I've posted in here anything to update y'all, and since SGT Rock hasn't been on WB in a while I thought I'd let y'all know what's going on.

First off, he's been having connection issues over there that make it difficult for him to log onto WB. So I'm not sure when or if he'll get to log on before he gets back home.

Secondly, in a little less than a month he will be out of Iraq and in TX at Fort Hood, doing the post deployment stuff he has to do before he actually gets to come home. Then the following week (roughly no set dates yet) the boys and I will drive up to Fort Knox, KY and pick him up from there. The unit up there is planning a Welcome Home ceremony for them up there, then we get to bring him home. We're look at roughly 5 1/2 weeks left. :banana

I want to thank everyone that has kept us in your thoughts and prayers. It has really meant the world to me. Please don't stop now, we've still gotta get him home safely! :) I look forward to meeting as many of y'all as possible over the rest of this year and years to come. Now go take a hike already. ;) :D

Sly
01-17-2007, 19:38
Dixie, thanks for the update. If *troop surge* is the order of the day, is there any way he could get redeployed and stuck there for another tour?

Jack Tarlin
01-17-2007, 19:40
Sly:

This ain't the political forum. Your question was outta place. Let's all be happy he's presently scheduled to get back real soon and let's leave it at that, at least on this thread.

Dix: Thanx for sharing the good news!!

TJ aka Teej
01-17-2007, 19:40
Thanks for the good news, dixi!

Sly
01-17-2007, 19:45
Sly:

This ain't the political forum. Your question was outta place. Let's all be happy he's presently scheduled to get back real soon and let's leave it at that, at least on this thread.

Whatever... Mr.Know-it-all.

dixicritter
01-17-2007, 19:45
He's not going to get stuck there, so he keeps telling me. They are turning their equipment over to the team coming in to replace them (trucks, computers, everything but personal weapons, personal gear, and body armor). So they wouldn't have anything to go out on patrols with but their own two feet, the most they could do would be sit in offices somewhere.

Redeployed? Always a possibility, but not likely given he's not technically assigned to a permant unit. He's on a remote assignment back here as an advisor to the National Guard unit here in Knoxville. AND he's planning on dropping his retirement packet when he gets back.

So basically, the answer is yes the Army could do whatever it wants with him, but it's not really likely that he will have to stay over or get sent right back. At least we're keeping our fingers tightly crossed on that.

Sly
01-17-2007, 19:46
Thank you...

dixicritter
01-17-2007, 19:47
Whoa guys, it's ok. That's a question I'm very used to hearing and answering.

Technically, this whole thread doesn't belong here in the general AT forum, but not everyone subscribes to the Non-AT forums and lots of people wanted to know info about SGT Rock while he was deployed. That's why I put this thread here so that all the members would have access to it. If anyone is bothered by this, please let me know and I will move this thread to the proper forum right away. I'm not above the posting rules.

Lone Wolf
01-17-2007, 19:53
i look forward to seeing the old boy

greentick
01-17-2007, 19:53
Dixie, how fast is the mail running? I just dropped a care package the other day. When I was in Afghanistan a few years ago the mail was SLOOOWWW but I figured it probably has sped up with the size of this deployment.

dixicritter
01-17-2007, 19:55
Dixie, how fast is the mail running? I just dropped a care package the other day. When I was in Afghanistan a few years ago the mail was SLOOOWWW but I figured it probably has sped up with the size of this deployment.

It depends on how you sent the package. Priority mail packages are getting there in roughly a week. I don't know about other mail, because that's how I send mine.

neo
01-17-2007, 19:55
:) i am looking forward to sgt.rock and his family one day:cool: neo

greentick
01-17-2007, 20:03
I think priority was the only option they gave. The uhhhh liquid weight may have pushed it over the limit ;-)

edit: it's for medicinal purposes only...

The Weasel
01-17-2007, 20:23
Just to let all his friends here know, he's now "safely" over in Kuwait. He'll be there for several days (not sure how many for security reasons) doing some more training before they roll up to their camp in Iraq.

As of yet I still don't have a mailing address for him, but have started a list of folks who have requested it. I promise to get that out as soon as I get one. Anyone else that wishes to have it please let me know here or via PM.

Thanks again for all the support and well wishes!

Dixi:

May I ask to be added to the list?

The Weasel

dixicritter
01-17-2007, 20:48
Dixi:

May I ask to be added to the list?

The Weasel

I'd add ya The Weasel, but that address isn't going to do you much good after this week. No point in mailing him anything after then, cause he's most likely going to be either 1) too busy packing up, or 2) on his way home to get the mail.

He's actually mailed me home 3 boxes of things that he wasn't going to be able to pack in his stuff to bring home with him. He has limited space available. I'm not sure if he plans on mailing more home or not. I guess that depends on how much he can stuff into his bags. It was really funny watching him pack those duffles and hearing him swear at them after the third or forth try of getting everything into them before he left, but don't tell him I said that. :)

WalkinHome
01-17-2007, 20:48
So I take it that there is no "freeze" on retirements? Good news for all concerned. Will we see you all at Trail Days this year?

copythat
01-18-2007, 18:54
Dixiecritter, when you get Rock's mailing adress could you please pass it along with any suggestions of what he may need or want.

Thanks...

2nd EDIT: *** OK, completely ignore this post. totally out of date etc. (sorry.) still, the anysoldier thing sounds good. (sorry again.)

yes, or others serving with him. or anywhere, for that matter. all those stateside "any marine/soldier" mailing campaigns seem to have pretty much dried up. maybe we can conduct our own?

EDIT: *** sorry ... just saw timhines' post (#22) about the anysoldier website. ***

dixicritter
01-18-2007, 19:56
So I take it that there is no "freeze" on retirements? Good news for all concerned. Will we see you all at Trail Days this year?

As far as we know right now there isn't a stop loss in effect (freeze on retirements). And yes our plan is to come to Trail Days this year as a family, as long as everything goes as planned.

Blissful
01-18-2007, 20:54
our plan is to come to Trail Days this year as a family, as long as everything goes as planned.

Wow my son Paul Bunyan will be thrilled to met him. He has really taken to the Sarge. :)

You all have a GREAT welcome home time!

TOW
01-19-2007, 09:49
As far as we know right now there isn't a stop loss in effect (freeze on retirements). And yes our plan is to come to Trail Days this year as a family, as long as everything goes as planned.
Hey Dixie, you guys are welcomed at my home anytime, I live right next to Cowboy's.........

dixicritter
01-19-2007, 11:29
Hey Dixie, you guys are welcomed at my home anytime, I live right next to Cowboy's.........

Thank you TOW. I'll be sure and pass that along to Rock too.

leeki pole
01-19-2007, 12:14
Thanks, Sgt. Rock and Dixi for all you do.

I've got a good friend on the Stennis headed to the Persian Gulf, he's a Hornet driver. Keep him in your prayers. Safe travels, Rock and come home soon. Hope you and your guys get to see the ballgames on Sunday (go Saints)! :)

leeki pole
01-19-2007, 15:44
oh yeah, his call sign is "nuts"....don't ask me why,but I do know :)
take care, my friend...

neo
01-19-2007, 16:19

:D hey bro will you let hillary stay:cool: neo

leeki pole
01-19-2007, 16:27
hey neo, hillary's put on a few pounds, don't ya think:cool:

dixicritter
01-19-2007, 21:42
Guys I'd really appreciate it if y'all would take your Hillary posts elsewhere. Not appreciated on this thread. Thanks.

woodsy
01-19-2007, 22:55
Welcome back ahead of time Sgt Rock . May you transition back to civilian life easily.
Woodsy

The Scribe
01-19-2007, 22:59
Welcome home Rock. Look forward to seeing you again at Trail Days 2007. Also looking forward to meeting you DC.

dixicritter
02-07-2007, 16:59
In approximately 10 days the boys and I should be picking SGT Rock up at Fort Knox, KY to bring him back home to TN. :banana

Just thought I'd let y'all know... :D

TN_Hiker
02-07-2007, 17:03
AWESOME!!! I know you are counting the minutes....

Footslogger
02-07-2007, 17:06
[quote=dixicritter;318158]In approximately 10 days the boys and I should be picking SGT Rock up at Fort Knox, KY to bring him back home to TN. :banana
==================================

Ahhhh ...good old Ft Knox. Did basic training there and also my outprocessing from the Army in 1971.

That's great news. Bet you're glad to be getting him back home.

Best wishes from an old soldier ...

'Slogger

Sly
02-07-2007, 17:07
In approximately 10 days the boys and I should be picking SGT Rock up at Fort Knox, KY to bring him back home to TN. :banana

Awesome. We he be out?

icemanat95
02-07-2007, 17:08
Great news!

Is he out of Iraq yet?

Mountain Maiden
02-07-2007, 17:16

What wonderful heartwarming excitement y'all must be feeling right now.

We'll be praying for a safe return and for all those left behind.

Happy Homecoming! :welcome

Sunny aka Sunrise

Gray Blazer
02-07-2007, 17:20
I know you are happy!

dixicritter
02-07-2007, 17:21
AWESOME!!! I know you are counting the minutes....

I will be very soon, he's got to give me an exact time then I'm all on that. LOL

==================================

Ahhhh ...good old Ft Knox. Did basic training there and also my outprocessing from the Army in 1971.

That's great news. Bet you're glad to be getting him back home.

Best wishes from an old soldier ...

'Slogger

Yes I'm very glad to be getting him back home!!!

Awesome. We he be out?

Do you mean out of the Army? Not yet. He has some paperwork to do first.

Great news!

Is he out of Iraq yet?

Not yet. Right now he and two buddies are chillin' at the airport in the green zone, but he's at least off the streets. Much "safer". His team actually doesn't leave Iraq until next week, they'll all leave together.

dixicritter
02-07-2007, 17:25
What wonderful heartwarming excitement y'all must be feeling right now.

We'll be praying for a safe return and for all those left behind.

Happy Homecoming! :welcome

Sunny aka Sunrise

Thank you! It's really hard to put into words the emotions you go through.

I know you are happy!

Happy! Definately!! Wishing there was a way to speed up time right about now! LOL

Mags
02-07-2007, 17:28
Awesome! Glad he is going to be back home with the people who care so much for him.

Now, get the guy out for a hike. ;)

dixicritter
02-07-2007, 17:29
Awesome! Glad he is going to be back home with the people who care so much for him.

Now, get the guy out for a hike. ;)

It is in the plan..... eventually. ;)

Big Dawg
02-07-2007, 17:30
GREAT news, Dixicritter!!

woodsy
02-07-2007, 17:30
Thanks for the update, I've been wondering, haven't seen Sgt Rock on here lately,or you for that matter Dixicritter! Great news!

Cookerhiker
02-07-2007, 17:38
Great news! This means he can come to Trail Days.

The Weasel
02-07-2007, 17:50
K -

You and the Rock are welcome in Laguna Beach anytime; the trails and beaches both here would love to see all of you, and so would we.

The Weasel

TJ aka Teej
02-07-2007, 17:57
Great news!!

Skidsteer
02-07-2007, 18:03
Outstanding!

I imagine it's a big relief just to know he's in the green zone.

Jaybird
02-07-2007, 18:09
Outstanding!

doesn't the GREEN ZONE include SMYRNA?:D

hopefulhiker
02-07-2007, 18:09
Best Wishes to Sgt Rock for a safe trip home!

fishinfred
02-07-2007, 18:32
Great news Dixie!

Tell him THANKS for the Stove! ALSO MORE NO SNIVELING STICKERS will be sent soon ....working hard to get out of here in 2 weeks !

Mountain Crossings (Neels Gap) and MRO (Damascus) are going to help

with them and NOW that the Material is paid for 100% of sales will be going

to HARDCORE!

NO SNIVELING! (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18576&highlight=SNIVELING) :D

See you both at Trail Days!
:banana

PEACE!
Fishinfred

Skidsteer
02-07-2007, 18:57
Great news Dixie!

Tell him THANKS for the Stove! ALSO MORE NO SNIVELING STICKERS will be sent soon ....working hard to get out of here in 2 weeks !

to HARDCORE!

NO SNIVELING! (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18576&highlight=SNIVELING) :D

:banana

PEACE!
Fishinfred

A little off-topic but since it is Sgt. Rock's catch phrase, I thought I would show what can be done with Fishinfred's designs. And it's for a good cause.

dixicritter
02-07-2007, 19:05
GREAT news, Dixicritter!!

Thanks BD!

Thanks for the update, I've been wondering, haven't seen Sgt Rock on here lately,or you for that matter Dixicritter! Great news!

Oh I'm pretty much always "around" just been a little "quiet" lately. ;)

Great news! This means he can come to Trail Days.

That's the plan! We're planning on being there with the boys.

K -

You and the Rock are welcome in Laguna Beach anytime; the trails and beaches both here would love to see all of you, and so would we.

The Weasel

We'll be sure and let you know if we make it out your way. :)

Great news!!

Thank ya Teej!

Outstanding!

You better believe it!!! :D

Best Wishes to Sgt Rock for a safe trip home!

Thank you hopefulhiker!

Great news Dixie!

to HARDCORE!

PEACE!
Fishinfred

Wow FF! That's awesome! Can't wait to meet ya! See you at Trail Days!

dixicritter
02-07-2007, 19:07
A little off-topic but since it is Sgt. Rock's catch phrase, I thought I would show what can be done with Fishinfred's designs. And it's for a good cause.

Oh Too Cool!!! That looks Great!

LEGS
02-07-2007, 19:07
Great News Dixie!!! Know Your Happy And The Kids Too. Will Be Lookin For Him Soon. Prayin For You'all Too. Best To All Of You!!!!

dixicritter
02-07-2007, 19:09
Great News Dixie!!! Know Your Happy And The Kids Too. Will Be Lookin For Him Soon. Prayin For You'all Too. Best To All Of You!!!!

Thank you Legs!

peanuts
02-07-2007, 19:11
Tripple AWSOME NEWS.... I bet you can't hardly wait:)
Wishing him and the rest of his crew a safe way HOME!

Ewker
02-07-2007, 19:50
glad to hear he will be home soon. I am guessing a little get away for you two will be in order. Got to make up for lost time :p

1Pint
02-07-2007, 20:03
What a relief for your family to have Sgt Rock on the beginning of his journey home. I'll be thinking of you all and looking for your update once he hits home soil.
Best,
Laura

fvital
02-07-2007, 20:56
Thank you! It's really hard to put into words the emotions you go through.

Happy! Definately!! Wishing there was a way to speed up time right about now! LOL

I hope the last few days aren't as hard on you as they were on my daughter. My son in law returned Sunday and she couldn't stop looking at the clock the last few days.

Enjoy your re-union. You've earned it!!

rickb
02-07-2007, 21:01
Wonderfull!

Heater
02-07-2007, 21:30

You and the kids must be jumping outta your skin with excitement. I am very happy about him getting off the streets.

I'm very superstitious so I hope you will understand if I hold back a little here. ;)

:sun

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-07-2007, 21:35
::: joyful dino does cartwheels after reading this news :::

dixicritter
02-07-2007, 22:46
Tripple AWSOME NEWS.... I bet you can't hardly wait:)
Wishing him and the rest of his crew a safe way HOME!

Thank you peanuts!

glad to hear he will be home soon. I am guessing a little get away for you two will be in order. Got to make up for lost time :p

I'll never tell. :p

What a relief for your family to have Sgt Rock on the beginning of his journey home. I'll be thinking of you all and looking for your update once he hits home soil.
Best,
Laura

Oh there will be an announcement just as soon as I know he's hit US soil! I promise.

I hope the last few days aren't as hard on you as they were on my daughter. My son in law returned Sunday and she couldn't stop looking at the clock the last few days.

Enjoy your re-union. You've earned it!!

Let's just say, he's going to be hard pressed to get out of my sight for a while once he's back. OK maybe a week or two... ;)

Wonderfull!

I couldn't agree more!

dixicritter
02-07-2007, 22:47
You and the kids must be jumping outta your skin with excitement. I am very happy about him getting off the streets.

I'm very superstitious so I hope you will understand if I hold back a little here. ;)

Totally understand! I've been very hesitant to post anything until I knew he was through with patrols. I won't breathe a sigh of relief until he's completely out of that country, no matter how safe he assures me he is.

::: joyful dino does cartwheels after reading this news :::

You always know how to bring the biggest smile to my face. I sure wish you could get a little more excited though. LOL

TIDE-HSV
02-07-2007, 22:49
I've heard today...

dixicritter
02-07-2007, 22:51
I've heard today...

Glad to bring the good news! :D

buckowens
02-07-2007, 23:21
Dixie, please tell SGT Rock that the old CW4 says welcome home. I had my last homecoming in 2005 and it was spectacular!!! The family is what gets us through the day...

Sly
02-07-2007, 23:35
Do you mean out of the Army? Not yet. He has some paperwork to do first.

Yup, that what I meant. That's good news, you won't have to share him any more. ;)

Jim Adams
02-07-2007, 23:35
Wonderfull!

INDEED!
MAY YOU ALL COME HOME SAFE.

GEEK

dixicritter
02-07-2007, 23:36
Dixie, please tell SGT Rock that the old CW4 says welcome home. I had my last homecoming in 2005 and it was spectacular!!! The family is what gets us through the day...

Will do! Thanks!

dixicritter
02-07-2007, 23:38
Yup, that what I meant. That's good news, you won't have to share him any more. ;)

Except with hiker trash... ;)

INDEED!
MAY YOU ALL COME HOME SAFE.

GEEK

AMEN!!!!

greentick
02-08-2007, 00:28
Double, almost single-digit midget!

Short enough to...
...walk under a grasshopper.
...skydive from a dime.
...swim in a puddle.
That's all I can remember on short notice.

Great news! Will keep praying until he is CONUS.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-08-2007, 07:24
{won't have to share Rock any more} Except with hiker trash... ;)::: Dino calls dibs on her piece of the Rock - the toes , of course :::

Two Speed
02-08-2007, 07:39
:welcome :dance :clap :dance

StarLyte
02-08-2007, 08:20
This is going to be great year!

Time to really celebrate on this! :banana

dixicritter
02-08-2007, 08:37

Short enough to...
...skydive from a dime.
...swim in a puddle.

Great news! Will keep praying until he is CONUS.

Those are great on such short notice! Thanks and please do!

::: Dino calls dibs on her piece of the Rock - the toes , of course :::

Brave Dino...LOL.

This is going to be great year!

Time to really celebrate on this! :banana

I couldn't agree more!! :banana

TOW
02-08-2007, 10:29
I am very happy he is coming home.....................

hawkeye
02-08-2007, 14:37
I am happy for you and happy for Rock. My best friend in my old unit just got back from Iraq. We are hitting the AT in CT. this march. He hopes to shake some of the sand out of his ears!

Furlough
02-08-2007, 17:27
He ain't short - HE'S NEXT! :)

5 months and counting for me.

Happy Trails Dixie, Rock and Kids.

Furlough

The Weasel
02-08-2007, 17:47
***Great news! Will keep praying until he is CONUS.

And then I know all of us will keep praying for all of his comrades who remain.

The Weasel

ed bell
02-08-2007, 18:13

Short enough to...
...skydive from a dime.
...swim in a puddle.

Great news! Will keep praying until he is CONUS.My dad told me that short timers used to set their hat atop their boots by the door to show just how short they were. God bless him. Thanks for all the **** you have had to wade through on this site during his absence. I sure do appreciate it.:sun

dixicritter
02-08-2007, 19:52
I am very happy he is coming home.....................

I am too TOW!!!

I am happy for you and happy for Rock. My best friend in my old unit just got back from Iraq. We are hitting the AT in CT. this march. He hopes to shake some of the sand out of his ears!

Thank you hawkeye! Sounds like a great way for your friend to shake that sand out of his ears to me!

He ain't short - HE'S NEXT! :)

5 months and counting for me.

Happy Trails Dixie, Rock and Kids.

Furlough

Keep yourself safe over there! We want to hear of you coming home in 5 months safe and sound! You'll be in my prayers.

And then I know all of us will keep praying for all of his comrades who remain.

The Weasel

That's right! Always do, until the last one comes home!

My dad told me that short timers used to set their hat atop their boots by the door to show just how short they were. God bless him. Thanks for all the **** you have had to wade through on this site during his absence. I sure do appreciate it.:sun

You're welcome. Glad to help out. :)

Kerosene
02-09-2007, 15:09
Great news. Have a lovely family reunion!

dixicritter
02-09-2007, 15:12
Great news. Have a lovely family reunion!

Thank you Kerosene!

Dances with Mice
02-09-2007, 15:24
His primary mission was to get back home in working order and it looks like he's got that bagged. Outstanding job both over there and back here on the homefront. We're proud of him and of you.

ETA about Feb 19th?

partinj
02-09-2007, 15:52
Glad he coming home I tell you what we should do send two of big Battle Ship over their and let then see what 2000 lbs shell can do and that just from one gun they have 12 on each one well any glad he save hope they all are .

:welcome

dixicritter
02-09-2007, 19:54
His primary mission was to get back home in working order and it looks like he's got that bagged. Outstanding job both over there and back here on the homefront. We're proud of him and of you.

ETA about Feb 19th?

Thanks! ETA still up in the air at the moment, but that's a close enough guesstimate. We're thinking we'll have him back in the hikinghq no later than the 20th. ~fingers crossed~

Glad he coming home I tell you what we should do send two of big Battle Ship over their and let then see what 2000 lbs shell can do and that just from one gun they have 12 on each one well any glad he save hope they all are .

:welcome

Thank you.

ed bell
02-09-2007, 20:52
Dixi, Let us know when he is boarding that Freedom Bird. It would be nice to know when his feet are off the ground.:sun

dixicritter
02-09-2007, 23:18
Dixi, Let us know when he is boarding that Freedom Bird. It would be nice to know when his feet are off the ground.:sun

I will I promise. :)

Mother Nature
02-09-2007, 23:50
I am so glad to hear Sgt Rock will be home hugging his kids soon! I know what a relief it will be to have him back safefully.

I would appreciate any WBers who would put my son on your Prayer lists. He has at least six more months on this current trip. He is in Tameem (a suburb of Ramadi in Al Anbar Province).

Mother Nature

ed bell
02-10-2007, 00:12
I am so glad to hear Sgt Rock will be home hugging his kids soon! I know what a relief it will be to have him back safefully.

I would appreciate any WBers who would put my son on your Prayer lists. He has at least six more months on this current trip. He is in Tameem (a suburb of Ramadi in Al Anbar Province).

Mother NatureAbsolutly, MN.:sun

Trillium
02-10-2007, 01:52

Mother NatureI pray almost every night at 9pm for our troops and make mention of particular service personnel. I would be happy to pray for your son. What is his first name?

Dixie,
Sgt. Rock has been on my prayer list for some time. I'm joyful that he will soon be home. Very happy for your family.

Mother Nature
02-10-2007, 07:50
Thank you Ed and Murphy Green,

His name is Platoon Sgt Phililp Jarvis. He has been in the Army 14 years and six to go. He prays every night that this will be his last tour.

MN

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-10-2007, 08:08
{{{ Sue }}} Your son, SgtRock, Furlough and several others are always in my prayers.

dixicritter
02-10-2007, 08:39

Mother Nature

It surely will be! Your son is on my prayer list now too.

Dixie,
Sgt. Rock has been on my prayer list for some time. I'm joyful that he will soon be home. Very happy for your family.

Thank you!

TOW
02-10-2007, 10:12
Hey Dixie, if you guys can put up with the skunk smell that is emitting from under my house and if it still there when you guys come to Damascus I'll hook up some vittles for you, the kids and Sgt. Rock...............

dixicritter
02-10-2007, 19:10
Hey Dixie, if you guys can put up with the skunk smell that is emitting from under my house and if it still there when you guys come to Damascus I'll hook up some vittles for you, the kids and Sgt. Rock...............

Oh my goodness... sorry to hear ya got skunked there TOW. Surely the smell won't still be hanging around by Trail Days, that would suck for you to have to live with it for that long.

Thanks for the invite! I'll make sure Rock knows we've been asked over for vittles at your house. :)

dixicritter
02-13-2007, 22:52
As of today, SGT Rock and his team are in Kuwait. They are officially out of Iraq!!!! He is scheduled to set foot on US soil on Friday. He's going to Fort Hood, TX first to process there, then the boys and I will be picking him up this weekend at Fort Knox, KY.

He sounded really good when I talked to him on the phone this afternoon. :banana

Lone Wolf
02-13-2007, 22:54
good deal!

Blissful
02-13-2007, 22:54
As of today, SGT Rock and his team are in Kuwait. They are officially out of Iraq!!!! He is scheduled to set foot on US soil on Friday. He's going to Fort Hood, TX first to process there, then the boys and I will be picking him up this weekend at Fort Knox, KY.

He sounded really good when I talked to him on the phone this afternoon. :banana

I'm sure he's gonna sound even better. :D Great news!

ed bell
02-13-2007, 22:57
I am overjoyed for you and your family! I thank you for keeping us posted. Have a great weekend!:sun

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-13-2007, 22:58
::: Overjoyed female dino doing cartwheels down Nebo Mountain :D :::

Skidsteer
02-13-2007, 23:00

Mother Nature

Consider it done.

Skidsteer
02-13-2007, 23:03

That's great news!

Paul Bunyan
02-13-2007, 23:08
Man, i can't wait till he gets back to the states.

Thank you so much man, you are an inspiration to us all.

Jester2000
02-13-2007, 23:10
As of today, SGT Rock and his team are in Kuwait. They are officially out of Iraq!!!!

Awesome! Congrats! Yay! Yay! Yay!

Jester2000
02-13-2007, 23:11
That was the dorkiest post I've ever posted, but I'm really happy right now.

dixicritter
02-13-2007, 23:21
Thanks everyone!

And Jester... You just made me laugh so hard over here! I'm right there with ya man, really happy myself!!!

woodsy
02-13-2007, 23:25
Go Sgt Rock, can't imagine what y'all been through but from one vet to another, welcome home! Ain't no place like it! You know that.

the goat
02-13-2007, 23:27
badass! an early welcome home to rock!

i'm so happy for you & the boys dixie!

Footslogger
02-13-2007, 23:28

===============================

That's gotta be a good feelin !! Give us a shout when he's back on US soil

'Slogger

D'Artagnan
02-14-2007, 10:19
Awesome news! I can't imagine how long the days will seem between now and Friday for you.

Prayers for Mother Nature's son and all who are serving. I can't thank you enough for your sacrifices.

Rain Man
02-14-2007, 10:42
Thanks for sharing this comforting news with us, Dixicrittter.

And WELCOME HOME to SGT Rock and all his men too.

dixicritter
02-14-2007, 12:43
Thank you everyone! I will definately make sure and let y'all know when he's back on US soil again.

And yes time is starting to drag a bit, when all I want to do is speed it up. LOL.

The Old Fhart
02-14-2007, 12:59
I so glad to hear SGT Rock is almost home! He's certainly our hero.

:welcome HOME

peanuts
02-14-2007, 15:00
To DC, tears of joy and happiness at this moment!! Wish him a safe flight home. You and the kids must be estatic!!!!

MN, good thoughts and prayes for your son.

bfitz
02-14-2007, 23:20
Awesome! Congrats! Yay! Yay! Yay!Said it better than I could.

ed bell
02-17-2007, 12:16
I wonder how the reunion weekend is going? Have you left yet Dixi? Have a safe trip to KY and back.:sun

dixicritter
02-17-2007, 12:24
SGT Rock's plane landed this morning on US soil in Bangor, Maine. He will continue on to Fort Hood, TX arriving there this afternoon.

I'm not going up to KY today, the time-line has been pushed back by a day. Also there is a chance for a change of plans. ~fingers crossed~ If the code on his orders is correct I may not have to make that LONG drive after all. ;)

SGT Rock says "Howdy y'all, and No Sniveling."

Skidsteer
02-17-2007, 12:42
SGT Rock's plane landed this morning on US soil in Bangor, Maine. He will continue on to Fort Hood, TX arriving there this afternoon.

I'm not going up to KY today, the time-line has been pushed back by a day. Also there is a chance for a change of plans. ~fingers crossed~ If the code on his orders is correct I may not have to make that LONG drive after all. ;)

SGT Rock says "Howdy y'all, and No Sniveling."

...WooHoo!

Tabasco
02-17-2007, 12:43
Boo yah. Very happy for you Dixi! Tell Sarge hi from all of us WB'ers

Dances with Mice
02-17-2007, 12:46
...WooHoo!
Oh well, oh well, I feel so good today!
We touched ground on an international runway
Jet propelled back home, from over the seas to the u. s. a.

Well, Im so glad Im livin in the USA!
Yes. Im so glad Im livin in the USA!
Anything you want, we got right here in the USA.