PDA

View Full Version : Lares Valley, Peru

diogenes
02-26-2006, 11:57
Hey this is kind of a stretch, but i was wondering if anybody here has ever hiked the Lares Valley trail in Peru. If anybody has, can you tell me the nessecary preperations, things to be careful of, and regulations? Can you camp anywhere? Is the trail blazed well? And where can i get a map?
Thank you!

MOWGLI
02-26-2006, 13:06
Hey this is kind of a stretch, but i was wondering if anybody here has ever hiked the Lares Valley trail in Peru. If anybody has, can you tell me the nessecary preperations, things to be careful of, and regulations? Can you camp anywhere? Is the trail blazed well? And where can i get a map?
Thank you!

Join the South American Explorers Club. I'm a former member. If I was planning a trip to Ecuador or Peru, I'd join again in a heartbeat. It's a great organization, and they offer maps and member trip reports. Plus they have a clubhouse in Lima and Cusco where you can hang out, store stuff, and meet other intrepid travelers.

Have fun!

http://www.samexplo.org/

diogenes
02-27-2006, 00:10
thanks alot!

themooseisloose
02-27-2006, 11:48
I haven't hiked that particular trail, but I have done some hiking in Peru and Ecuador, and it's always colder than you think it will be, in my experience (high elevation). Supplies are easy enough to find. Even the more remote areas cater to tourists.

Have fun!