PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a hiking buddy

twinsinpa
03-23-2019, 17:32
I plan to do a 3 day section in central PA (sometime in May) and my hiking partner had to bail. I am looking to see if anyone wants to join me? I am 55 and go slow - probably 6-9 mpd. I have never gone by myself yet but will if i can't find anyone. if interested PM me.

Suzzz
03-28-2019, 21:55
Hi there,

I'm not available to join you in May but thought I'd chime in just to let you know that hiking alone is not as scary as most of us think. I went by myself for a week in 2017 because I couldn't find a hiking buddy and it was great. My biggest fear was sleeping alone, I was fine with the idea of walking all day by myself but nights... they scared the crap out of me. But you know what? I never slept alone once. There are so many hikers on the trail that there was always someone nearby at shelters and campsites and I slept great. The fact that I was exhausted probably helped too! HaHa. Hope you have a great hike!

twinsinpa
04-10-2019, 11:28
thanks for the reply! i think its the nights too that would be scary. but i am doing it! i got a friend to go with me for the first night but then she will be picked up and i plan to continue to go it alone after that. i think if i can do it once then i would get over my fear. its something that i feel i NEED to do.

sketcher709
05-07-2019, 06:43
Have you found anyone to hike with yet? I'd love to do a week or two section this month somewhere in the northeast with someone slow.

twinsinpa
07-10-2019, 12:26
Hey sketcher
i have not found anyone. i sent you a PM. i would still like to go if you do.