PDA

View Full Version : Nobo bubble location in mid July

Scooter7975
03-27-2019, 13:59
I want to join the very northern end of "the nobo bubble" in mid July. My research shows that the faster of the March starters will typically be starting the New Jersey / New York area during this time. Can anyone chime in and give maybe some more professional advice on where the northernish tip of the nobo bubble would be in mid July? Thank you.

tdoczi
03-27-2019, 14:01
I want to join the very northern end of "the nobo bubble" in mid July. My research shows that the faster of the March starters will typically be starting the New Jersey / New York area during this time. Can anyone chime in and give maybe some more professional advice on where the northernish tip of the nobo bubble would be in mid July? Thank you.

dont know if its enough to constitute a bubble but the leaders of the pack are home telling stories to their friends and waiting for their 2000 mile cert in the mail in mid july.

i guess to your question anywhere you go north of say mid PA youre going to run into thru hikers in mid july

MuddyWaters
03-27-2019, 14:59
Leading edge will be north of glencliff.
Its not a bubble anymore, its a long schmear, 500+ miles long

Sobos will be crossing paths with them in whites too. Record #s of each most likely. Enjoy.

map man
03-27-2019, 19:48
The very heart of the bubble would be around the CT/MA state line in mid-July. If you figure anything resembling a bubble would extend a month ahead and behind this point, then the northern part of the bubble would be around the NH/ME state line then. If you started around Gorham NH that would be close.

peakbagger
03-27-2019, 20:50
Lot of thru hikers in Gorham NH for the multi day fourth of July celebration. Many take a couple of days break before heading north. Mosquitoes are still significant in the Mahoosucs.

George
03-30-2019, 14:21
Mostly at home having knocked off

egilbe
03-31-2019, 08:19
Early nobos are battling snow in Maine in early June.