PDA

View Full Version : Greylock Community Club Parking closed

Dave Ackerson
04-03-2019, 16:59
AT hiking at the Greylock Community Club in North Adams, MA has ended. When I called the club today I was told that the rehabbing of the mill property next door had reduced the available parking so they were not allowing hikers to park there any more in order to provide space for their members. Hopefully a viable replacement can be found as that was a very safe and accessible parking lot.

Slumgum
04-04-2019, 07:37
So sorry to hear this will no longer be available. I parked there for over two weeks while hiking the LT. I gave them a $50 bill as a token of my appreciation. They asked if I wanted change and were genuinely appreciative! Thanks for the heads up, Dave.

Cosmo
04-05-2019, 20:30
We're working on an alternative location nearby, but it probably won't have confirmation until June--a few moving parts remaining to be sorted out. For now, Pattison Rd is the best option for a day or two. Would not consider it for long term.

Cosmo

Jeff
04-06-2019, 10:10
Dave and Cosmo,

Thanks for the heads up. Let us know if alternatives become available. We host many section hikers and LT thruhikers who used GCC in the past.

Mouser999
07-03-2019, 18:34
I called today and was told the lot was open for parking for hikers. Any way to confirm? Thanks

Cosmo
07-03-2019, 21:55
Yes,it's open for use. Not a lot of capacity, so short distance hikers (2-5 days or so) should use parking at other trailheads. I can help folks find those options, just PM me. Most of the regular shuttle providers in the area are aware of the parking areas as well.

Cosmo

I called today and was told the lot was open for parking for hikers. Any way to confirm? Thanks