View Full Version : Tourist VISA for Oversees (UK) Hiker

02-27-2006, 10:07
Hi, I'm new to this forum so don't know if this is something that has already been answered elsewhere. I'm planning to hike Nobo starting in April but need to get a tourist VISA to come from the UK. If someone else has done this successfully, what did they put under questions 24 and 25:

24: At what address will you stay in the U.S?

25: Name and telephone numbers of persons in the U.S. who you will be staying with?

I don't know if a suit in the VISA office will look badly on an answer such as "Somewhere between GA - ME; in the mountains hopefully under the stars"

If anyone can help I would be really grateful.

Thistles (hoping to go Nobo 2006)

02-27-2006, 10:23
Send a PM or e-mail to Squeaky 2 - he could tell you how he did it.

Squeaky 2
02-27-2006, 12:10
explain what you are doing when you go to the embassy. print out maps/info about the trail you are hiking, take all your data/guide books and show them what you intend on doing. its pretty easy really, just time consuming and there will be a huge cue at the embassy.

02-27-2006, 16:26
Thanks for the advice, Looks like a trip to London as the useless Embassy here in Edinburgh doesn't have a VISA desk! Cheers again, I'll start printing :)