PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Shuttle from Erwin to Rice Gap

ZombieDust66
04-16-2019, 08:05
Need shuttle from Quarter Mile Hostel to Rice Gap on the morning on May 4 . Rice Gap doesn’t seem to be popular drop off point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gambit McCrae
04-16-2019, 09:17
Contact 10-k. He is top notch. Click on redline in my signature

Tennessee Viking
04-16-2019, 10:05
Rice Gap has no official road access. All it is an old rough logging or forest road at the end of Rice Creek Road. I am not familiar if there is any private property crossings to get to the AT. I also agree - Contact 10-K of Erwin / HikerShuttles.com. Or call the USFS office in Unicoi.

When I used to live in the area, I drove up to the end of Rice Creek Road. What I guessed at the Rice Gap road looked very rough.

ZombieDust66
05-05-2019, 19:11
Rice Gap has no official road access. All it is an old rough logging or forest road at the end of Rice Creek Road. I am not familiar if there is any private property crossings to get to the AT. I also agree - Contact 10-K of Erwin / HikerShuttles.com. Or call the USFS office in Unicoi.

When I used to live in the area, I drove up to the end of Rice Creek Road. What I guessed at the Rice Gap road looked very rough.

The shuttle driver I used said there is no working road there also. I ended up starting at Sams Hap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk