PDA

View Full Version : Trail food at home?

Disney
02-27-2006, 21:07
Does anyone else eat some of the same things at home that they did on the trail? I still eat Lipton Sides and some mac and cheese. It's cheap and I think it tastes good. One or the other was my dinner meal every day while hiking, but I never got tired of it. It occured to me at the grocery store that might make me odd. Am I alone in this?

hustler
02-27-2006, 21:16
I have this bad habit of eating a spoon full of peanut butter each day after work.

SGTdirtman
02-27-2006, 22:18
A meal i commonly eat while hiking and discovered while hiking, tunafish straight out of the bag and then adding a packet or 2 of mcdonalds mayo right in it....

I can often be seeing wondering around the house eating tuna right out of the bag, or for some strange reason I'll start a fire in the yard and cook beans right in the can, I snacked on some freeze dried peaches yesterday...

Trail food is usually cheap and easy food, which is basicly what I would live on even if I didnt hike :rolleyes:

RITBlake
02-28-2006, 04:29
my thru hiked ended over 4 1/2 months ago. I'm stil buying cliff bars, bagels, pop tarts, raisins, powdered gatorade, bags of oreo cookies, etc. Its weird but I just can't shake my trail food habbit. Probably because I'm a lazy eater and I just want something fast and easy to prepare.

irritable_badger
02-28-2006, 13:12
Does anyone else eat some of the same things at home that they did on the trail? I still eat Lipton Sides and some mac and cheese. It's cheap and I think it tastes good. One or the other was my dinner meal every day while hiking, but I never got tired of it. It occured to me at the grocery store that might make me odd. Am I alone in this?
Everything I eat at home is considered "trail food" by the rest of the world. I don't cook so if it doesn't come "ready to eat, just apply heat", I don't eat it.
I think it will be an advantage on my Thru, I'll be eating just as good on the Trail as I do at home :)