PDA

View Full Version : Bus stations in/around Damascus, VA???

Spencer17
05-08-2019, 21:34
Hello Hikers!

I am trying to figure out how to get to Trail Days this year (2019)- I live in Atlanta and have some car troubles so I can't drive myself; that being said, a friend from the trail will let me ride with him to Trail Days; but hes heading off in a different direction afterwards and I'm thinking about taking a bus back to Atlanta, but I dont know where the closest Bus station is to look at times/prices? Any help would be much appreciated!

tickspit
05-09-2019, 03:05
Marion Va. or Johnson City Tn.

MuddyWaters
05-09-2019, 05:11
Bristol and marion.
And theres local mountain lynx buses, that i have no idea about. Except i think it can get you at least to abingdon.

stephanD
05-09-2019, 09:11
I'm planning a section from Pearisburg to Damascus this summer, so my options are a greyhound bus from either Bristol, TN or Marion, VA. But you will need a shuttle from Damascus. Or the Tri-Cities airport from Johnson city, TN.

wornoutboots
05-09-2019, 13:41
I would hit "The Place" hostel when you 1st get to Trails Days & post on their ride board, that you need a ride to Bristol or Marion, should be a ton of folks going in both directions.

NY HIKER 50
05-09-2019, 20:41
when i went there the bus left me off near a McDonald's and i walked on the Virginia Creeper Trail for about 15 miles in Damascus