PDA

View Full Version : Hiking Buddy to finish Segment 1

Tklp
06-04-2019, 00:31
I've hiked from Clingmans to Oconaluftee Visitor Center, and am planning to section hike the entire MST in order, EB. Next I want to do Oconaluftee to Waterrock Knob. I soloed the first part and will happily continue to do so, but would love a buddy as well! Let me know, even if you'd rather join up for a later segment, where I'll also be biking and kayaking sections.

Cinco
06-25-2019, 01:02
I'll be starting my own section hike of the MST in the next couple weeks! Also starting from Clingmans - planning to complete the whole segment in one go, so I'm not sure what exact timing will look like just yet...

CarolinaHiker37
07-29-2019, 10:43
Not sure if you're still looking for someone for that section, but we could possibly meet up for a later section and see if we're compatible hiking partners. I'm looking to start hiking the mountain sections now, I've got most of Segment 10 near me in Raleigh area. I also want to bike the long road sections and do the Neuse River by kayak in the future. Feel free to message me.

booner9
09-03-2019, 10:14
I plan to do segment 4 next summer in a single backpacking trip. would rather have company since much of that area is remote with no cell signal. I was even told Sat phones do not work in parts of the gorge.

Hunteruphigh
10-15-2019, 11:09
I'd love to do the Neuse River section with someone.