PDA

View Full Version : ultimate direction fk carbon trekking poles?

1azarus
06-13-2019, 11:00
I like fixed length poles. anyone have experience with these? so close to buying a pair... just lost my old titanium poles and willing to try carbon (again).

https://www.backcountry.com/ultimate-direction-fk-carbon-trekking-pole?skid=ULD002W-ONECOL-S105CM&ti=UExQIENhdDpUcmVra2luZyBQb2xlczoxOjEyOmJjLXRyZWt raW5nLXBvbGVz

QiWiz
06-13-2019, 11:31
I have used the Gossamer Gear fixed length carbon fiber poles for years with good results. Suspect these will also be winners. Aramid wrap of lower section is a good idea.

1azarus
06-13-2019, 11:53
hello QiWiz... I've broken a fair number of those gossamer gear poles thanks to the rocky walking we have here in new england (if i slip and hard jab/slam down the pole on a rock, it is likely to break!)... and I don't think gossamer gear markets those fixed length poles any more. I'm hoping the Ultimate Direction poles are more durable.

Astro
06-13-2019, 12:40
hello QiWiz... I've broken a fair number of those gossamer gear poles thanks to the rocky walking we have here in new england (if i slip and hard jab/slam down the pole on a rock, it is likely to break!)... and I don't think gossamer gear markets those fixed length poles any more. I'm hoping the Ultimate Direction poles are more durable.

Perhaps it is because you hike too fast. :D

fastfoxengineering
06-13-2019, 12:44
I think Skurka put some miles on them and may have a review somewhere.

Truth be told.. i dont think your gonna have any luck going from one brand of carbon fiber to another.

Gossamer Gear carbon poles are top notch.

I believe Ruta Locura sells fixed poles as well that are highly regarded.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk