PDA

View Full Version : check-in at top of Pond Mountain

lobster
03-02-2006, 21:32
Make sure you sign the register and don't skip the hike over the mountain or official thru-hiker status will be denied!

Lone Wolf
03-02-2006, 21:56
I stole and destroyed that register.

Belew
03-02-2006, 22:43
I didn't see a register and in 07 I'm blue blazing that mountain. Screw status

lobster
03-03-2006, 19:14
I have taken note of that!! LOL

napster
03-03-2006, 19:40
Who gives a rats ace?Trophies ribbions belts and all man made awards "self inflationers" are gonna burn/perish with the biltmore house and gardens one day. Real things that matter are written on ya heart not plastered on a flippin wall or paper.What of the first dude that hiked it? was'nt he a solider just darn glad to enjoy 2100 miles of freedom?

Mags
03-03-2006, 19:44
The real question is how do I get "UNofficial Thru-hiker status" ?

Is there some paper work I can sign to make myself unofficial?

bobgessner57
03-03-2006, 19:57
[The real question is how do I get "UNofficial Thru-hiker status" ?

Is there some paper work I can sign to make myself unofficial?]

3 cheers for a free spirit and an unburdened heart!

passinBYE
03-15-2006, 19:55
My brother-n-law and I hiked over Pond mountain today and seen no such register except towards the bottom of the watauga lake side....it is slightly steep on the south side

MOWGLI
03-15-2006, 19:56
The real question is how do I get "UNofficial Thru-hiker status" ?

Is there some paper work I can sign to make myself unofficial?

Sorry Mags. You're bonafide. No can do.

ed bell
03-15-2006, 20:56
About 7 years ago I was supposed to meet up with my backpacking buddies on the last night of their fall AT hike. Well, I screwed up on my parking access and missed my group while hiking south. Long story short, I ended up hiking up and over Pond Mountain ending up at a Shelter real close to a big waterfall. After no sign of my friends, I went back north a click and camped by the river. This was my first solo trip.(not by plan) Next morning I hiked back over Pond Mountain to my car and felt real good about my first solo trip. All's well that ends well. I really hate to see all the grumbling about Pond Mountain, cause I kinda liked it. I can understand why people hate PUDs though.:sun

cup
03-15-2006, 20:59
If I sign it can I use a page as Mountain Money