PDA

View Full Version : Sportslick or Bodyglide

White Chocolate
03-05-2006, 12:59
Folks,
As chafing is in the near future for all of us please respond with your favorite body lube, discussing effectiveness, convience, and experience.

Thanks!
I appreciate the help deciding.

Furlough
03-05-2006, 13:27
I tried this stuff last summer. I applied everymorning before hiking. For the first time in a long time I had no problems with chaffing. I bouhgt my tube at Target, back in the pharmacy area. Advertised as diaper rash ointment.

Bravefoot
03-05-2006, 15:34
Used both BG and SS; both equally effective, altho after a few weeks hiking you'll have toughened skin where most folks chafe anyway.

Kerosene
03-05-2006, 19:15
I've only used BG, successfully. I've heard good reports of the Butt Paste that Furlough mentions.

Topcat
03-05-2006, 19:47
Just dont mix up your butt taste and your tooth paste, could be a disaster.

the goat
03-05-2006, 19:54
A+D ointment, medicated. it lubes and keeps your chafed area clean at the same time. talk a/b dual purpose!

Doctari
03-06-2006, 01:36
Bag Balm for me.

Developed to heal cuts & etc on Cows udders, hence the name.

I think that it is vasalene with medication in it. I use it for most everything: to heal cuts, lube areas prone to chaffing, quiet a squeeky pack, on chapped lips & hands, etc.

And, while you are not supposed to put anything greasy (this is way greasy) on a burn, I have used Bag balm to soothe MILD sunburn and those all to often times I burn myself on a hot cook pot (again, mild burns only).

Havent tried any of the others, sorry.

Doctari.