PDA

View Full Version : Internet Access

Bravefoot
03-05-2006, 20:39
I am using Trailjournals.com to record my whereabouts for friends and family. Question is: how accessible is free Internet along the AT?(I read free access is available thru public libraries[wherever those are close to the AT], but do outfitters/rangers/hostels/retailers allow access for a 3-minute post?)

Frogger
03-06-2006, 10:49
I'm what you might call an internet junkie. When deciding which towns to go into, internet availability was a top concern. Most of the guides list internet access where it is available. Many independent outfitters will let you use their computer for free, and most hostels have internet available in some form.
Outside of Maine and northern NH, I didn't go 3 days without internet access.

tiamalle
03-06-2006, 11:35
I'm what you might call an internet junkie. When deciding which towns to go into, internet availability was a top concern. Most of the guides list internet access where it is available. Many independent outfitters will let you use their computer for free, and most hostels have internet available in some form.
Outside of Maine and northern NH, I didn't go 3 days without internet access.I have great internet access here in Franklin for hikers.

Footslogger
03-06-2006, 11:50
Any town that has a library will have internet access. They generally ask that hikers show some form of ID and limit their time on the system but otherwise it's free and readily available.

'Slogger