PDA

View Full Version : Uber for Presidential Traverse?

BenK
08-26-2019, 20:05
I would like to spend some time in the presidential range next summer, and was wondering about the availability of Uber rides to the northern trailheads from southern parking areas around Crawford Notch. Are they readily available or not so common?

Starchild
08-26-2019, 20:20
Not sure. Crawford notch does not have cell service. AMC has a shuttle, the thumb works well there too.

T.S.Kobzol
08-26-2019, 20:47
Lol. I tried to get an uber last friday after Moats Traverse and the Uber app said “no cars available” [emoji846]

P.S. Moats are between North Conway and Bartlett

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peakbagger
08-26-2019, 21:43
In order for there to be ride share services there has to be a viable market. There isnt one in the whites in general as there isnt enough demand so the drivers eat the return trips. There could be some possibility that someone is giving it a try in the North Conway area but I expect they will limit their range.

There are several standard shuttle services in the area and several "unofficial" services that tend to be word of mouth as they run without insurance. The AMC shuttle is inconvenient for most hikers as the schedule is designed to line up with hut visitors.

Hitching a Presi Traverse usually requires four hitches, RT 302 to Rt 3, Rt 3 to RT 115, RT 115 to RT 2and RT 2 to Appalachia.

BTW, no one really lives near Crawford Notch, the closest homes are in Twin Mountain.

Starchild
08-27-2019, 07:50

Hitching a Presi Traverse usually requires four hitches, RT 302 to Rt 3, Rt 3 to RT 115, RT 115 to RT 2and RT 2 to Appalachia.

Why hitch in that direction? 302>Rt 16 (as easy as 302>3), then the second would be RT 16 to AT (or more northerly approach to Madison trailhead if one wanted to take a more direct route).