PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian Trail Pictures needed please

schmuttis
03-06-2006, 17:35
Hi,

We maintain an Appalachian Trail information website, http://appalachianTrail.rohland.org for collecting information about parking and access areas on the AT. We have recently expanded from just providing information on PA to all of the AT states. We are still collecting data for the other states but could really use some AT pictures to spruce up our pages. If you take a look at PA, you will see how we would like every state to look.

If you scroll to the bottom of our main page, http://appalachianTrail.rohland.org you will see a link for submitting pictures. We do need to know what state and section within the state the pictures are from so we link your picture to the correct place on the webpage. We give credit to all photographers that share their photos. NJ and VA have some new submission. If you mouse over the pictures, more information will be displayed if it has been submitted to us.

Thank you for your help!

Happy hiking - hope to meet you on the trail sometime.

Askus3
03-06-2006, 21:30
I am dayhiking the AT southbound in Maine as much as possible using all kinds of routes into and close to the AT for access. Over the course of time I will try and help you out with the information in the layout of the format you desire. But for now, and especially for pictures (and especially for Maine), I encourage you to view my photo albums which are linked via the attachments from my hike reports. The only section in Maine I have not done is from Golden Road (Abol Bridge) to JoMary Road. So here (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=401) is the link to my Maine AT section trip reports. I hope you find them useful.

schmuttis
03-06-2006, 21:34
greatly appreciated

SGTdirtman
03-06-2006, 21:43
I section hike NJ at least twice a year, any pics or information you looking for from there?

schmuttis
03-06-2006, 21:52
Actually I think some of the information we have posted in the NJ section is outdated. If you would verify what we have as you section hike we would greatly appreciate it. And of course new information would be greatly appreciated too. We have a lot of GPS co-ordinates for PA too. I'm not sure if you have a GPS or not but if you do, this information would be great to include for other hikers. What we don't have at all for NJ at all is an estimate of how many vehicles each parking area will accommodate.

I think we only have 2 pictures for all of NJ so any and all would be appreciated. I know we must have several hundred for PA.

Thanks for your help.

saimyoji
03-06-2006, 21:58
Make sure you request and display copyright info.

schmuttis
03-06-2006, 22:04
Please everyone - only post the pictures that you have taken. We want to give the correct photographer credit on our web pages.

Thank you.

schmuttis
03-06-2006, 22:20
If you have any problems submitting a picture, feel free to email it to at @ rohland.org with all of the information that you would have submitted on our web form (just remove the spaces in the email address as posted here).

Sorry for any problems that some of you are having but we do appreciate your effort.

lilmountaingirl
03-07-2006, 09:45
Is there an easier/faster way to submit multiple pictures? I have some from NJ/VT/NH for sections that I see you need. I can email you links if that would work...they are all uploaded on webshots.

neo
03-07-2006, 13:28
Hi,

We maintain an Appalachian Trail information website, http://appalachianTrail.rohland.org for collecting information about parking and access areas on the AT. We have recently expanded from just providing information on PA to all of the AT states. We are still collecting data for the other states but could really use some AT pictures to spruce up our pages. If you take a look at PA, you will see how we would like every state to look.

If you scroll to the bottom of our main page, http://appalachianTrail.rohland.org you will see a link for submitting pictures. We do need to know what state and section within the state the pictures are from so we link your picture to the correct place on the webpage. We give credit to all photographers that share their photos. NJ and VA have some new submission. If you mouse over the pictures, more information will be displayed if it has been submitted to us.

Thank you for your help!

Happy hiking - hope to meet you on the trail sometime.

wow cool website i dont mind contributing:cool: neo

schmuttis
03-08-2006, 19:57
Many thanks to all who have contributed pictures and information for our website http://appalachiantrail.rohland.org. It seems our server was quite overwhelmed with the response the first night my message was posted so I apologize for any web problems you may have had. To make matters even worse that night, our cable connection actually went down.

We still have no AT pictures for New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York and Maryland. Do any of you out there, that have hiked these states, have any pictures to share? Or if you are planning to hike these states in the near future, please remember us and send us pictures and information please.

If you have any web problems, please do not hesitate to email us.

Thanks again for all of your support.

Skidsteer
03-08-2006, 20:08
Many thanks to all who have contributed pictures and information for our website http://appalachiantrail.rohland.org. It seems our server was quite overwhelmed with the response the first night my message was posted so I apologize for any web problems you may have had. To make matters even worse that night, our cable connection actually went down.

We still have no AT pictures for New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York and Maryland. Do any of you out there, that have hiked these states, have any pictures to share? Or if you are planning to hike these states in the near future, please remember us and send us pictures and information please.

If you have any web problems, please do not hesitate to email us. Thanks again for all of your support.

It must have been hairy there for a while. I was impressed by your prompt responses to e-mails. Good luck with your site!

SGTdirtman
03-08-2006, 20:47
Actually I think some of the information we have posted in the NJ section is outdated. If you would verify what we have as you section hike we would greatly appreciate it. And of course new information would be greatly appreciated too. We have a lot of GPS co-ordinates for PA too. I'm not sure if you have a GPS or not but if you do, this information would be great to include for other hikers. What we don't have at all for NJ at all is an estimate of how many vehicles each parking area will accommodate.

I think we only have 2 pictures for all of NJ so any and all would be appreciated. I know we must have several hundred for PA.

Thanks for your help.

are you looking for GPS info for the parking areas?

schmuttis
03-08-2006, 20:50
We post gps for anything of significance - parking areas, water, shelter, a great over look ...

BlackCloud
03-09-2006, 08:34
Website looks like it has great potential. Happy to help....