PDA

View Full Version : NOC to get alcohol.

timhines
03-06-2006, 23:03
I was told last week that the NOC is going to build a tennis court onsite so they can fit some law where they can serve alcohol.

From what I understand the restaurants will not sell alcohol till after 4pm. I assume they will make some sort of lounge/bar somewhere on the property (maybe in Relia's?)

khaynie
03-07-2006, 07:52
That's great news! The NOC is an awesome place to hike into. Knowing that there will be brews available makes it even better. Although, they will probably be MLB priced...

When will this blessing go into effect?

Bilko
03-07-2006, 08:06
Just what we need, adding alcohol to that climb out of NOC to Cheoah Bald.

Teatime
03-07-2006, 08:48
Figures, when I hiked into there all beat down and discouraged last November, after the descent from Wesser Bald, I could have used a nice draught ale. Perhaps, after a few of these ardent spirits, I would have got my moxie back, crawled off to sleep in the hostel and trudged on to Fontana Dam over the next 3 days as planned. But no, I had no ardent spirits to help me in my hour of need and I quit my hike early. Say, how do you think Lewis and Clark got the Corps of Discovery to keep moving? Yep, the beloved Whiskey Ration each evening! What they really need is beer at the TOP of Cheoah Bald.

timhines
03-07-2006, 10:35
Not sure when it's supposed to happen. I know the location that was proposed, no constructions has started as of this morning. I don't know if they are shooting for this year or the start of next year.

It's no surprise to me really. The Nantahala Villiage did the same thing, however they bought out in the early winter months and are getting rid of alcohol. They are wanting to change their target customer base.

I hope they don't have high prices. I am anxious for them to get beer because I am sure they will have a lot of microbrews on tap (mostly highlands i'm guessing, but I hope they get other brands as well).