PDA

View Full Version : Farmers Almanac

Mother Natures Son
09-11-2019, 16:15
The Farmers Almanac is out with some unusual weather for the upcoming year. https://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/northeast-us/

Take it with whatever grain of salt that you wish, but it looks like another warm and wet winter in the forecast. What is fall looking like? What is the forecast looking like for you?

Feral Bill
09-11-2019, 18:30
The Farmers Almanac is no better at predicting weather than my dog. And not nearly as cute.

Slo-go'en
09-11-2019, 20:06
It's almost half way through September and it still seems like August out there. I wouldn't be surprised if it's another slushy winter here in mountains.

TNhiker
09-11-2019, 21:36
I wouldn't be surprised if it's another slushy winter here in mountains.

nawww......

it will be pleasant and dry here in the mountains......

Portie
10-06-2019, 10:54
In my part of the East Coast, hot summers and warm falls are often (but not always) followed by colder, snowier winters. I am stocking up on firewood and getting my fall outdoor work done early this year.

Tipi Walter
10-06-2019, 11:17
In the "old" days---here in the Southeast mountains---we got the Blizzard of '93 which was a weather fluke---and we got the Arctic Outbreak of January 1985 with Boone NC temps at -30F and Knoxville at -24F.

Could these happen again this winter? Sure but will they? It used to snow more in the Southern Appalachians---and even though we get the usual Polar Vortex now and then---usually in Jan/Feb---with temps around 0F to -10F---overall it seems our winters are getting shorter and our summers longer. See this current October heat wave with temps in the 90Fs.

December is the New October is how I put it. One phenom of this is instead of big snowstorms we get big rainstorms at around 35F---I've been in countless such storms in the last 10 years.

Sarcasm the elf
10-06-2019, 16:09
The Farmers Almanac is no better at predicting weather than my dog. And not nearly as cute.
Photos please!

JNI64
10-06-2019, 16:35
Tried touching " my dog " as well and still no photos, well............