PDA

View Full Version : Tom Floyd Shelter - Spring Flowing?

NoHeels
09-16-2019, 10:18
Hi All-

I am planning on staying at Tom Floyd next weekend, but heard the spring was not flowing this spring. Does anyone have an update on the spring now that it is fall? Thanks!

NoHeels

Gambit McCrae
09-16-2019, 10:51
reportes 12 days ago on guthooks as barely a trickle

NoHeels
09-16-2019, 11:29
Thanks Gambit, that's a shame to hear :-( Trying to take my old dog on a nice short section with parking 3 miles on either side of the shelter and this seemed like a nice option. But without water it won't work for us.

Debbie
01-29-2020, 21:31
I may be up that way next week or so; does anyone know if the spring is flowing now?

Slo-go'en
01-29-2020, 22:52
I may be up that way next week or so; does anyone know if the spring is flowing now?

I would be surprised if it wasn't this time of year.

Traveler
01-30-2020, 07:27

If water for your dog is at issue, why not carry a small pack with some water and a collapsible water bowl for the dog? Cost of these collapsible bowls is low ($12 - $20 depending on type and source) and you don't have to worry about recharged springs or other water sources that may not be reliable.

Debbie
01-30-2020, 11:15
If water for your dog is at issue, why not carry a small pack with some water and a collapsible water bowl for the dog? Cost of these collapsible bowls is low ($12 - $20 depending on type and source) and you don't have to worry about recharged springs or other water sources that may not be reliable.

No, I wasn’t the one with the dog. That was another poster

JNI64
01-30-2020, 13:04

This is what I have to do as my dog has a old hip injury. So sad because he's a youngish pitbull, 2,3 miles and he starts limping.

Traveler
01-31-2020, 09:47
No, I wasn’t the one with the dog. That was another poster

Apologies for nabbing the wrong text to quote :datz

Studlintsean
01-31-2020, 14:45

While I can't comment on this particular spring, I was in the park hiking last week and with all the rain/ snow we have had recently water was abundant. I do not believe you will have any issues.