PDA

View Full Version : Weather around Neels gap

Big_Country
09-21-2019, 18:01
Anybody have info on weather this time of year around Neels gap. Starting a section hike at springer the 27th, and looking for some local, firsthand knowledge other that the weather channel. Any info on water sources along the section would be appreciated as well. Guthooks entries are a little dated as of today.

Any significant rain lately?

How are temps this time of year?

How does the humidity “feel” this time of year?

Any other ground knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

B_C

Pacific_Creek
09-21-2019, 19:21
I live in atlanta and it has been very dry for the past couple of weeks. I hiked up to blood mountain on labor day and was able to get water at slaughter creek but it may not have rained since then. I have a section hike planned for mid october but unless we get some rain soon that may not happen.

The Cleaner
09-21-2019, 21:41
Cool at night, still very warm days and many dry water sources here 26 miles NOBO of Hot Springs. Fire danger increasing since 20+ days without rain. Check with Mountain Crossings for their recent info.

cliffordbarnabus
09-21-2019, 23:27
hottest and driest september in georgia to date.

skater
09-22-2019, 12:00
I live in atlanta and it has been very dry for the past couple of weeks. I hiked up to blood mountain on labor day and was able to get water at slaughter creek but it may not have rained since then. I have a section hike planned for mid october but unless we get some rain soon that may not happen.
There is no water at the intersection of the AT and Slaughter Creek. However, if you do a side trip down Slaughter Creek Trail, the creek is flowing fairly well.

Khike
10-13-2019, 17:02
Big County, Hello, You ever try City-Data? Google City-Data.com Blairsville, the nearest town to Neels gap. Lots of info on weather conditions, year round. Highs, lows, averages. Good place to see average temps, rain, snowfall, wind for a particular month. Nice easy to read graphs, gotta scroll down a bit. kk

Captain Panda
10-13-2019, 17:30
ATweather.org

gpburdelljr
10-13-2019, 18:41
For those still replying to the OP, they have already started the trip (9/27/19).