PDA

View Full Version : InReach MINI quit picking up satellite signals...Help!

ncmtns
09-24-2019, 12:21
My MINI was working fine the last 3 times I used it but now it only reads "Poor signal strength" after setting out for hours on a bright open clear sky. My preset messages arent going through. I have a charged battery. Garmin Helps not helping. My subscription is current. Anyone have any clues? Thanks

Recalc
09-24-2019, 13:40
My MINI was working fine the last 3 times I used it but now it only reads "Poor signal strength" after setting out for hours on a bright open clear sky. My preset messages arent going through. I have a charged battery. Garmin Helps not helping. My subscription is current. Anyone have any clues? Thanks
Is your antenna pointing to the sky? I get the impression that is important with the InReach Mini.

alt.thomas
09-24-2019, 21:20

Is it still on warranty? Garmin has limited 1 year warranty to repair and replace defective units.

You can also check to see if you were possibly on a weak coverage area of the moving satellites here

https://www.groundcontrol.com/Iridium_Coverage_Map.htm