PDA

View Full Version : head water

luckliver
03-07-2006, 16:19
Going against my better judgement, I'll ask the question... on the trail, has anyone seen someone carry water on their head? I was thinking of weight and balance and whatnot, and it might be possible (even with a backpack) to pull off some strange mutation of the 'beer hat' into a hydration system on your head. It's a couple of lbs off of your shoulders, but would the extra weight on your neck be more of a strain? Somebody has to have tried this before...

The Cheat
03-07-2006, 16:39
Going against my better judgement, I'll ask the question... on the trail, has anyone seen someone carry water on their head? I was thinking of weight and balance and whatnot, and it might be possible (even with a backpack) to pull off some strange mutation of the 'beer hat' into a hydration system on your head. It's a couple of lbs off of your shoulders, but would the extra weight on your neck be more of a strain? Somebody has to have tried this before...

<bold></bold>

No Belay
03-08-2006, 16:50
Cheat, Nice thumbnail but what does Homer Simpson sitting on Donna Summers head have to do with water logistics.:-?

"Lord, help me to be the person that my dog thinks I am."

greentick
03-08-2006, 17:11

Definately more of a strain anytime you misstep you increase the chance of injuring your neck. Your shoulders are hooked to your spine anyways. Rig something to your waist belt and put the weight on your pelvis then you don't have to worry about your spinal column whippin all over.