PDA

View Full Version : Public showers near Cosby Campground

stilllife
10-07-2019, 15:01
I'm gonna be staying in Cosby Campground in GSMNP soon and would like some info on public showers. Wife is gonna be with me.
Thanks

Lone Wolf
10-07-2019, 15:18
no showers there

Gambit McCrae
10-07-2019, 15:42
Smoky Mountain Premier RV Resort may be able to offer a shower - 5 miles down the road

TNhiker
10-07-2019, 16:41
no showers there

that's why he was asking where one is at....

as Gambit says----the campground outside of the Park will let people pay for a shower without staying at their campground....

I have taken a shower at the place, once leaving cosby going back to 321, that's on the left side of the road...

i cant remember what it's name was but for 5 bucks i got a shower.....

also----truck stops have pay showers as well....

i know theres a pilot truck stop off of I40 at Dandridge......not sure if there is one over on the newport side....but a google search could be done to see that..

it's just a matter of how long you wanna wait for a shower.......if you want it right away, try the campground..

if you can wait about a half hour----a truck stop would work....

and fwiw---the campground shower, is like a bathhouse but shower is private....the sink area is not private other than a men's side and a women's side..

truck stops generally are all private......there's a sink and a toilet and the shower all in one room..

stilllife
10-07-2019, 17:42
Thanks for the info.

centerfieldr162
10-08-2019, 13:15
No showers there, but you can go to standing bear which is relatively close

stilllife
10-08-2019, 14:47
Thanks centerfieldr

Ardency
10-08-2019, 16:21
It's one hour from the campgrounds to Hot Springs NC. Spend some quality time soaking together in the hot spring-fed tubs. Now, isn't that better than public showers?