PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association

Old Hillwalker
10-10-2019, 12:10
Any members of ALDHA on here? Going to the 2019 ALDHA Gathering in Williamstown, Mass on October 11 - 14?

https://aldha.org/gathering

JC13
10-10-2019, 12:19
ALDHA member but not going.

SawnieRobertson
10-10-2019, 21:22
I am very sad not to be there this weekend. It never has disappointed me. Rather, through the years, it has been a wonderful bonding time for those who share love for the AT. Very educational, especially if one doesn't "know it
all."

hikermiker
10-14-2019, 14:27
Just got back & had a great time.

rickb
10-14-2019, 16:00
Just got back & had a great time.

Same here.

I was the old bald guy with a beard.

AllDownhillFromHere
10-14-2019, 16:27
I looked at the online schedule and nothing jumped out at me other than a used gear sale. What were the highlights?

Old Hillwalker
10-14-2019, 16:40
I looked at the online schedule and nothing jumped out at me other than a used gear sale. What were the highlights?

I went and enjoyed the workshops and presentations which were fun an of a great variety. Too bad the online schedule had nothing in advance about them. There were lots of "all over the world" presentations from hikes of these countries: Iceland, Spain, Norway, Morocco, Ireland, Scotland, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Sweden to name a few. I would guess that most of the participants were AT completers including, the famous Billy Goat. There were five guys that came off the AT to attend the Gathering and then were transported back to their "hiatus point" to resume their SOBOs. .