PDA

View Full Version : One year, and loving it

Moxie00
03-08-2006, 23:14
:banana It was one year ago tonight that I first signed onto Whiteblaze. I was amazed that within a day I was acknowledged by Dances With Mice, The Old Fhart, and Jester-friends I had met on my thru hike. Within a few days I contacted Baltimore Jack, Lone Wolf and old buddy Blister Sister. It is amazing what a great family we all become from being out there on the trail. As days went by I found more and more friends from the trail and I started making new ones I had never met. I was especially amazed when AT Troll, our webmaster, told me how we had met seven years on Old Spec and I remembered that meeting. Troll, you and Rock have developed the best AT website ever. We fight, agree, exchange ideas, call each other ass h**** but also show great respect for each others ideas and thoughts. I don't expect this thread to go very far but I just wanted to start it to tell all of you how much I enjoy your great company and ideas. Happy trails and thanks. I hope we have many more great years together.

maxNcathy
03-10-2006, 19:08
And I thank Kerosene for welcoming Cathy and me to whiteblaze.

Dances with Mice
03-10-2006, 20:21
You're hard to forget, Mox.

I never thought of it before...never even considered it...but now that Jack has mentioned it...what part of the moose did you use to make that jerky?

Never mind, forget it, don't answer, I really don't want to know.

weary
03-10-2006, 20:31
Moxie, for those who may not know, has, in response to literally thousands -- well a few anyway -- of emails and snail mail letters, and many phone calls, and numerous arm-twisting visits, has become a candidate for the Maine Legislature. Let me be the first to predict that despite a formidable opponent he will win handily.

Weary

bfitz
03-10-2006, 20:33
Yah. Thanks for 3 good years. There's noone I wouldn't miss....

Tin Man
03-10-2006, 20:45
I am humbled and feel very privileged to share this forum with such a great team of trail enthusiasts, experts, and even some of the trolls like me. Thanks for putting up with my blatherings. Happy trails everyone! :sun

Mother Nature
03-10-2006, 21:22
Moxie,

I was pleased to see you pop up on the WB radar a year ago. I don't often have alot to say on WB but I read alot and I always read your posts. They make me smile and bring me back to the days long ago when we ran out mouths off online.

Good luck with politiking! :D

And thanks for the support and friendship over all these years.

Mother Nature

Miss Janet
03-10-2006, 22:25
Good luck Moxie!!! I would vote for you!!

And I want to thank Whiteblaze ... Sgt. Rock and Attroll and even that old crazy founder, (the name we no longer speak).... I may not post often but Whiteblaze is a great source of info about the AT and I am always happy to give it out as a great place for new AT hikers to learn and have fun. You guys should all be very proud!

Well, most of you... some of you should remember that this site is about more than your egos, political stands and need for attention!!

Just Jeff
03-10-2006, 22:32
Well, isn't this one big love fest?! Seriously, this is a great forum and I've learned so much from you guys.

And there's no one here that I wouldn't hike with...at least for a bit. :p

Good luck with the campaign, Moxie.

fivefour
03-12-2006, 19:55
new and learning ... :)

KirkMcquest
03-12-2006, 21:25
I want to thank Longshanks who, in these past couple of months, has been pretty darn informative in his contributions. I've thanked God that there's at least one other voice of reason out there besides my own.

neo
03-12-2006, 21:31
I want to thank Longshanks who, in these past couple of months, has been pretty darn informative in his contributions. I've thanked God that there's at least one other voice of reason out there besides my own.

you 2 guys have always added cheer and fun,i am proud to call you friends:cool: neo

KirkMcquest
03-12-2006, 21:32
you 2 guys have always added cheer and fun,i am proud to call you friends:cool: neo

Ditto.
:cool: Mcquest

Lobo
03-12-2006, 21:34
Surely you jest.

Just Jeff
03-12-2006, 22:41
Can't you let at least one thread go without making it about you two? It's almost like you're insecure and need people to talk about you or something... :p

Tin Man
03-12-2006, 23:19
Surely you jest.

You know what is most annoying about those numbnuts? All those fracking :cool: smilies - they are cool in their own minds.

:p