PDA

View Full Version : Grease Pot Q

Time Zone
11-04-2019, 20:34
I have the Walmart grease dispenser (Mainstays brand; similar to IMUSA) and have noticed that the large (220g) fuel canister fits in it perfectly, diameter-wise, and leaves some headroom. Reminds me of the Stanley Adventure cookset (stainless steel) where you can perfectly fit in a 110g fuel canister and one of the included mugs (or both mugs and no canister).

I've found the included Stanley insulated mugs to perform really well, despite their not having lids. So naturally, I wonder - are there particular mugs (esp. the insulated kind) or bowls that fit well in the grease dispenser? I like stuff that nests together well, saving space.

Thanks -

Traffic Jam
11-05-2019, 19:03
Your question piqued my curiosity so I stuffed some things into my pot (I own the same one).

I was able to fit my windscreen, lid to my GSI Outdoors Ultralight bowl, and pot support in the main pot. Next I put my alchy stove, lighter, and Toaks titanium spork inside my GSI Infinity cup with lid and placed that inside the pot. Still having room, I inverted my GSI Outdoors Ultralight bowl over the mug and voila. I love the lid to that grease pot...it fits snugly and keeps everything from falling out.

It’s a heavy cook system (and probably inefficient) and I’m not likely to carry it but it’s fun to see how much stuff you can nest. :)

Time Zone
11-05-2019, 22:50
Thanks - yeah, I could probably fit a lot more in there if I put my alcohol stove in it, instead.

Seems like if I bring a pot like that, absent any nifty-fitting insulated bowls/cups, filling up the rest of the space might be best done with a combo of things that could benefit from hard-sided protection (like a headlamp that might accidentally turn on otherwise) and soft stuff that could fill the voids well. But I'd like to stick to only putting cooking/eating related stuff in the cooking pot.