PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Girl type gators for mid sized boots?

SkeeterPee
11-26-2019, 19:28
I had picked up some gaiters for using with trail runners, but now I have decided to go with mid height boots. I'm not sure if you need gaiters as much with boots, but I did notice I picked up a couple small stones today hiking in the new boots. Does any one use the dirty girl style gaiters with boots? It looks like I could use them and they would cover most of the lace area.

Any one have experience with this?

RockDoc
11-26-2019, 21:41
Well try it. You'll have to glue a new piece of velcro to the outside of the heel. We've done it with many different shoes.

Slo-go'en
11-27-2019, 00:04
If I hike in shorts I need gators on my mid boots.

MtDoraDave
12-06-2019, 17:34
If I hiked in shorts, I would, indeed, get some dirty girl gaiters. I looked into it once, and I think their website suggests going up a size?

ldsailor
12-06-2019, 18:23
Does any one use the dirty girl style gaiters with boots? It looks like I could use them and they would cover most of the lace area.

Any one have experience with this?

I wear gaiters with boots. A couple of years ago I looked into Dirty Girl gaiters and found that they explicitly said they did not work with boots. Maybe they have gaiters for boots now. You should check out their web site.

By the way, before I started using gaiters, I got sticks, stones and dirt in my boots if I wore shorts. The gaiters I now wear stopped all that.