PDA

View Full Version : North Face "The One" bag

Deadeye
11-27-2019, 23:34
I've been looking at the North Face "The One" sleeping bag - a 3-in-1 40/20/5 degree bag depending on the configuration.

I've never used any of their products, so I'm just looking for any feedback on this bag in particular, or North Face bags in general. Good quality? Reasonably accurate temp rating? Long life? Sticky zippers? Anything you got will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Dave

SoaknWet
11-28-2019, 07:11
I've had mine for close to 2 years and no complaints. I like it because it reminds me of the ones we had in the army. One bag covers the entire year.

Kittyslayer
11-28-2019, 10:25
I like the concept. Already having a couple bags is it practical to simply combine two bags to achieve lower temps?

Paleolith54
11-28-2019, 10:31
I like the concept. Already having a couple bags is it practical to simply combine two bags to achieve lower temps?

Weight is the main issue, but yes. Been done for many years. The outer bag needs to be big enough not to reduce loft of the inner bag. Or
use outer as a quilt. Some (including me) pair a bag and quilt for low temps.

Deadeye
11-29-2019, 12:12
Thanks for the input. I gave my kids all my sleeping bags, kept my 20* quilt, and this seemed like a good way to have a sleep system that would cover a broad range of temps.