PDA

View Full Version : Any other guys with narrow feet?

Stikbow
12-03-2019, 12:19
I am tough to fit as far as footwear in concerned. I have long and very narrow feet. In street shoes, I'm a 13-A if I can get it.

Are there any hiking boots or shoes that you could recommend to a person with these challenges?

Thanks in advance.

Slo-go'en
12-03-2019, 18:30
I have a similar problem, Most off the shelf boots are too wide for me so when I have to side step my foot rolls inside the boot. Very annoying.

I found Scarpa boots to be cut narrow, but their expensive and I can only find them online now. Plus their the only boot I've used which have stayed waterproof through their entire useful life. I typically just wear the tread off them.

4eyedbuzzard
12-03-2019, 19:41
I've found the Salomon model X Ultra 3 (a "standard" fit width per mfg) fit my narrow feet pretty well. The X Ultra 3 is called a "standard" fit, which would typically be a "D" width in men's shoes, but it fits my narrow ("B" width?) 11 1/2 feet well with hiking socks. Some people don't like the speed lacing system, but I've actually found it really good after being reluctant at first. They also have a model called Outline which is even narrower. REI carries pretty much everything Salomon makes. Might be worth a try as REI will take returns if they don't wind up fitting well.

Tabasco
12-03-2019, 20:40
14A here. Altras actually fit me pretty well. I’ll be starting my thru in Superior 3.5s and will transition to Timp 1.5s after that first pair wears out.

swjohnsey
12-03-2019, 21:02
Danner and New Balance make narrow widths.

Deadeye
12-03-2019, 21:25
+1 for Salomon shoes. Many of theirs are quite narrow, whether they call them medium or not.

John B
12-04-2019, 12:20
I'm also a 13 narrow. I've had best luck with La Sportiva. It seems that narrow sizing is more common in European shoes. I've also had good luck with North Face.

Here is a good link that should help:
https://www.outsideonline.com/1779791/which-hiking-boots-work-best-narrow-foot

Stikbow
12-04-2019, 12:26
Guys, I really appreciate all the good reports. Thanks much for your replies.

foodbag
12-05-2019, 12:51
I'm a 12B and hike in Asics trail runners because Asics come narrower than a lot of other shoes, and finding B-widths in my area is difficult. I like to try my shoes on before purchasing, rather than hoping for a fitting pair purchased online, only to have to return them later.

SoFlo
12-05-2019, 18:55
I've tried many brands for my 13 narrow foot and Altra Timp 1.5 has been the best fit, followed by Oboz & La Sportiva.

Stikbow
12-12-2019, 13:22
I've tried many brands for my 13 narrow foot and Altra Timp 1.5 has been the best fit, followed by Oboz & La Sportiva.
I wound up with a pair of Altra Timp 1.5s that I got direct from Altra on sale for about half price. They came yesterday and they fit great. I think I'm going to like these. Trying them out next weekend from Springer to Gooch Gap. We'll see. Thanks for all the recommendations.

SoFlo
12-13-2019, 06:03
I wound up with a pair of Altra Timp 1.5s that I got direct from Altra on sale for about half price. They came yesterday and they fit great. I think I'm going to like these. Trying them out next weekend from Springer to Gooch Gap. We'll see. Thanks for all the recommendations.
Wow, that's a great deal. I think you'll like them.