PDA

View Full Version : A rather steep incline in Colorado

John B
12-16-2019, 10:22

Things can be all but vertical but some seem to enjoy the challenge.

Time Zone
12-16-2019, 10:46
I'm sure things are steep in Colorado, but based on the background terrain and clouds, your picture appears to be rotated about 20 degrees.

John B
12-16-2019, 11:23
I'm sure things are steep in Colorado, but based on the background terrain and clouds, your picture appears to be rotated about 20 degrees.

You are very perceptive.
It is my attempt at humorous artistic interpretation. Sorry you dont like it.

Hikingjim
12-16-2019, 11:35
You are very perceptive.
It is my attempt at humorous artistic interpretation. Sorry you dont like it.

This thread did turn humorous, so all was not lost!

Time Zone
12-16-2019, 11:37
Not a matter of liking or not - you didn't present it with a winky-smiley or anything that indicated that you were kidding. There are people who seem to enjoy trying to fool others, but who leave obvious "tells". Your post was indistinguishable from those.

No matter, it's still a neat picture of the dog, and it's still quite steep.

Yesterday I had to do a bit of a rock climb to follow a trail. At first, I was like, "They have got to be kidding! There's a blaze up there??" From the front it looked vertical (sorry, my first pic only captures the part above my 6'1" head - I was close to the base), but once I got on it, and used the natural ripples in the rock for footholds and handholds, it really wasn't any steeper than a typical ladder you'd use at your house. So I got up it fairly easily. But at the top (looking down, 2nd pic) I thought, what if I had come the other way?? It was maybe 10' up or a little more. Too high to jump esp. with pack. I guess I'd have to back down but then you can't see where to place feet. Shook my head and went on, glad that I came from the direction I did!

See if you can spot the blaze in the first pic and the 2 in the second.

colorado_rob
12-16-2019, 11:50
Makin' my way up Half Dome, past the steep part behind me.... ( a little more work, I could have edited out those silly cables....)

Time Zone
12-16-2019, 13:58
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x53s2c