PDA

View Full Version : Disney Book bags

Wolf - 23000
03-11-2006, 00:03
Hi all. I’m going out shortly to hike part of the AT and want to know what Disney character to travel with. I used Mickey to hike the PCT and thought it would be kind of cool to do it again on the AT. PCT hikers were more tolerance then AT hikers towards a hiker traveling with a mouse as a companion. So who to travel with??? Some of my options are The Big Bad Wolf, Donald Duck, or Winnie the Pool? No female packs. I have my pride to think about. Also, I try to keep my pack somewhat on the light and side without costing me an arm and leg. When I did the PCT, my book bag weight was less then the lightest backpacks. I know I’m not going to travel as light as I could but I can’t see spending a ton of money just to save a couple ounces. I just doesn’t really make much sense to me.

Wolf

Marta
03-11-2006, 05:21
I vote for the Big, Bad Wolf. Goes with your monniker.

The Disney Winnie the Pooh is a terrible corruption of the AA Milne original.

hikerjohnd
03-11-2006, 09:47
having a duck along might be psychologically boosting for those wet days... I vote donald duck!

Whistler
03-11-2006, 10:15
Donald or Winnie. The Big Bad Wolf doesn't have much personality.
-Mark

MOWGLI
03-11-2006, 10:22
Personally, I'm a Warner Brothers kinda guy. The mouse is evil. If I was gonna spend 6 months with a cartoon character, it would definitely be Bugs Bunny. No doubt about it.

max patch
03-11-2006, 11:46
Spongebob.

SGTdirtman
03-11-2006, 14:09
Go with master shake or meatwad...

C_Brice
03-11-2006, 19:12
I prefer to not hike with bunny huggers so I will avoid hiking with Disney. Tasmainian Devil or a gun toteing Elmer Fudd might be a good alternative. Even though they have probably gone to the dark side too.

Chris

fivefour
03-12-2006, 20:03
chip and dale seem at home in the woods ...

Cheesewhiz
03-12-2006, 20:09
How about GOOFY?

fiddlehead
03-12-2006, 22:36
Have fun Wolf. Good to hear you're finding time to hike while in the Army. I am enjoying life here in Thailand and just got back here to Phuket after a week of climbing (rock) on Phi Phi island with some friends from back home in PA. Wall is living in northern thailand now and coming down for a visit in a week or two. So, hikers i've met on the trail are still being adventurous and coming for a visit. See you in Oct i imagine. go with the Wolf, Wolf!

Mags
03-13-2006, 13:32
If Bugs Bunny is an option, I'd choose him. Sarcastic and a can-do spirit. The mouse is sweet, a wussy, and gives me a diabetic coma.

IF you have to use the Disney choices, then Donald Duck all the way. He's the only character in the magic kingdom who has a backbone!

Of course, even as a young lad my favorite character in Sesame Street was "Oscar the Grouch". He's the only one on that show who did not seem like he was on valium...

max patch
03-13-2006, 14:19
I'll take Snow White.

Ya'll can fight over Goofy and Daffy and Mickey et all.

Disney
03-13-2006, 15:02
Lotta Disney bashing here. Wow. I'd go with Scrooge McDuck, the world adventurer/traveller.

Just Jeff
03-13-2006, 16:46
I'd go with the topless girl from The Rescuers. Not sure they make a backpack with her on it, though, and I've that you're against homemade gear... :p
http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/rescuers.htm

betic4lyf
03-13-2006, 19:30
i would suggest the beast from betuy and the beast, or the hunter from bambi. just for fun

RITBlake
03-13-2006, 19:48
what the hell are you talking about

Wolf - 23000
03-13-2006, 19:55
Thanks for everyone input. Going with the "Wolf" has a certain appeal. I'm going to check out what I can find.

Max Patch good luck with picking up Snow White but I think she has a thing for midget or something. Clearly a woman you can't trust.

Just Jeff, who said anything about making gear. A book bag cost around $15. Is it really worth spending a couple hours making???

Wolf

Heater
03-13-2006, 19:58
I know you said no females but, a Betty Boop might help you on hitches into town. Jessica Rabbit?

Heater
03-13-2006, 20:00
Of course, even as a young lad my favorite character in Sesame Street was "Oscar the Grouch". He's the only one on that show who did not seem like he was on valium...

I AM the Cookie Monster.

Just Jeff
03-13-2006, 20:10
Just Jeff, who said anything about making gear. A book bag cost around $15. Is it really worth spending a couple hours making???

That's what I was talking about - you've said you're against homemade gear and since they don't make one with that girl on there, you're outta luck. But if I were going to carry a disney character, it'd probably be her...