PDA

View Full Version : Pasta on Trail

Mouser999
01-26-2020, 09:10
Found this and used several times: Priano Tomato & Oregano Tortelloni. A little heavy in weight, but very filling, bring some Olive Oil/ cheese. Found in ALDI but should be available in other stores

Slo-go'en
01-26-2020, 10:01
I've often used the dried, cheese filled Tortelloni. Only down side is they take a while to cook. And I've not found a really good sause to go with them. For some reason I can never find any in the markets in the south.

Grampie
01-26-2020, 16:29
During my thru I used dehydrated spaghetti sauce and regular spaghetti. Easy to rehydrate and cook. Tasted very good.

kestral
01-26-2020, 19:42
I love the Bertolli brand cheese and spinach filled tortellini. Bring to boil with water, let sit 10 min, bring to boil again, sit a few minutes, drain, then add an olive oil premixed with dried oregano, parsley and garlic brought in a small bottle. Yummy, easy, and pretty cheap. Great change up from knorr sides.

devoidapop
01-26-2020, 20:13
Toss a bouillon cube into your boil and you have tortellini soup

Traffic Jam
01-27-2020, 18:45
Annie Chun’s Maifun rice noodles require very little rehydrating or cooking. I’ve always wondered how they’d taste with pasta sauce.

imscotty
01-27-2020, 23:42
When it comes to fast cooking pasta, nothing beats couscous. Ya, I know, you were probably thinking of something with a red gravy, but there are so many different ways you can spice up a basic couscous.

Five Tango
01-28-2020, 17:39
Im staying with Knoors Pasta.Just enough hot water to cover them in the freezer bag and a minimum of 30 minutes contact time so that changes my routine the nights I have it.Boiling the water and starting the pasta prior to setting up hammock and tarp on those occasions.

Nolan "Guido" Jordan
01-29-2020, 12:25
Aldi is always changing around its stock with new products, so you're likely not going to find that anymore

HooKooDooKu
01-29-2020, 14:20
Similar to Ramen noodles, you could try Somen noodles. You can find them at your local Asian Market or on Amazon. Basically think thin Ramen noodles shaped like spaghetti. Cooks just as fast as Ramen, but because they are packaged strait (like spaghetti) they take less room in your pack. If you have a Food Saver Vacuum system, if can package a serving into a strong bundle that won't break on the trail.

At home, my kids love Somen noodles with Cambell's Cream of Mushroom Soup