PDA

View Full Version : New 2007 couples and 2 or more thread

Blissful
03-13-2006, 20:17
This is for those that want to discuss preparing for the AT 2007 with two or more people in their party.

Anyone else have tenting options they prefer?

And stove options?

How about food?

chicote
03-14-2006, 09:03
food we haven't gotten figured out yet, but we are probably going to go the just add water route. But we are going to use a Northface Tadpole tent. It is under 5 pounds so it will work for two people just fine. I was considering going the alcohol route for the stove but I don't think they are efficient enough to cook for two. We might just end up using our MSR Pocket Rocket.

longshank
03-19-2006, 12:26
Mcquest and I have bivys that weigh around 1 pound each, we generally bring the pocket rocket and it is perfect for the both of us.

longshank
03-19-2006, 12:26
Also looking

longshank
03-19-2006, 12:28
into dehydrating meals and sending them out, using mountain house stuff when we can, though this can get pricey after awhile...

Turbo Joe
06-14-2006, 12:54
i don't know if this counts but i'll be hiking next year with molly malone.. she is a inexperienced wannabe thru hiker and i may have to carry some of her equipment but i think i could whip her into shape besides she has an extra two legs and thats something any hiker has wished for at on point or another

corentin
06-14-2006, 13:01
I think my sis and I will probably end up with a tarp tent to start and a pop can stove. I'm starting to mess around with a dehydrator but am wondering how well it will go to do mail drops . I think we will probably end up with separate tents/cooking gear after a while on the trail.

dusty
06-15-2006, 09:38
I'm going to hike half of the trail, starting in GA, would like other people to join me. Please let me know at [email protected] will leave in April or May

mtnbums2000
06-21-2006, 15:16
I will be hiking with my son who at the time will have just turned 14 so we will be together the whole trip.

I'm going to use the Rainbow 2 Tarp Tent (2.5 lbs)
I'm still not sure which stove I will use. I have an MSR whisperlite, a pocket rocket and 2 alcohol stoves.

We are only going to do 4 or 5 mail drops and the rest of our food will come from stops in town. So our food choices will always be changing.