PDA

View Full Version : Our gear favorites and failures - Electronics, camping gear, food

Walking Nature World
03-21-2020, 09:52
Watch the full video here:
https://youtu.be/_IkrfXgiy_o

In this video we are going to show you our favorite gear items that we can't live without and won't hike without from now on and some of the gear failures that we plan not taking with us anymore. We are going to talk about electronics, camping stuff and food as well. These conclusions were made after being hiking for 4 months doing TMB hike, Via Francigena, Cinque Terre and Dolomites hiking. So we have quite a lot a gear to show you. Hope you find it helpful.

What is some of your favorite gear to carry in your backpack?

NY HIKER 50
03-21-2020, 20:21
This sounds like a commercial more than anything else. Who are you kidding?

Walking Nature World
03-22-2020, 05:55

We haven't noted that we have no affiliation with any brand and every item was purchased by our own money. This is just sharing what worked for us and what didn't. Also get any advice or comments exchanging the experiences.

John B
03-22-2020, 06:25
Very professionally produced video.
Are you being sponsored or receiving free gear or remuneration from the companies that produce or distribute the brands that you recommend?
If so, it's ok with me, but I'd like to know because it may color your objectivity, so to speak.

gpburdelljr
03-22-2020, 06:45
It looked like a honest gear review to me, not a commercial. Some of the reviews weren’t even for a specific brand, for example they stated that bar soap worked better for them than liquid soap.

Walking Nature World
03-22-2020, 07:19
Very professionally produced video.
Are you being sponsored or receiving free gear or remuneration from the companies that produce or distribute the brands that you recommend?
If so, it's ok with me, but I'd like to know because it may color your objectivity, so to speak.

No, we haven't been sponsored for any of the items as we mentioned in the previous comment, if we were we would say it frankly in the video, there is no reason to conceal this information. We are the kind of people who always stand for honesty in the first place.

John B
03-22-2020, 09:48
No, we haven't been sponsored for any of the items as we mentioned in the previous comment, if we were we would say it frankly in the video, there is no reason to conceal this information. We are the kind of people who always stand for honesty in the first place.

Thanks for the information and I"m glad to read your response. You guys do lots of great trips and your webpage is very helpful should I ever be lucky enough to hike in Europe.
Happy hikes.

Walking Nature World
03-22-2020, 17:20
Thanks for the information and I"m glad to read your response. You guys do lots of great trips and your webpage is very helpful should I ever be lucky enough to hike in Europe.
Happy hikes.

Thank you for the kind feedback, we try to work hard to provide as much information as we can regarding the hikes that we do. Really hope that you can make it here to do some hikes and we wish we could travel to USA for some epic hiking too:)

Furlough
03-22-2020, 18:59

Not at all, apparently listening is fundamental, but comprehension is not. This couple has posted their full series of backpacking trips here on WB and nothing they have ever posted has presented as a commercial. You should go to You Tube and watch their videos. They are well done, informative and they inspire me to go across the pond and hike some of what they have done.

JNI64
03-22-2020, 19:19
Not at all, apparently listening is fundamental, but comprehension is not. This couple has posted their full series of backpacking trips here on WB and nothing they have ever posted has presented as a commercial. You should go to You Tube and watch their videos. They are well done, informative and they inspire me to go across the pond and hike some of what they have done.

I concur 100% , I've always kind of felt bad looking when you post stuff, because y'all don't get very many responses. I personally to enjoy y'alls videos and posts, trip reports. Very well done and under rated.

Walking Nature World
03-23-2020, 08:01

I concur 100% , I've always kind of felt bad looking when you post stuff, because y'all don't get very many responses. I personally to enjoy y'alls videos and posts, trip reports. Very well done and under rated.

Thank you, guys, for your encouragement and support, that means so much to us to know that it actually gets the response and you find some use and inspiration out of these posts. We love doing it ourselves but we love to share it too as this way the joy becomes even bigger:) So feel free to leave us the comments or questions especially when it inspired you to go for some hike, this is just amazing to get such feedback, we feel more connected then:)

goatee
03-23-2020, 16:43
Great videos.4 months on the trail gives you two a good perspective on what works.Now living together for 4 months out of a tent,,awesome.Thanks !!!

Walking Nature World
03-23-2020, 17:09
Great videos.4 months on the trail gives you two a good perspective on what works.Now living together for 4 months out of a tent,,awesome.Thanks !!!

Thank you, yes, spending so much time in the tent taught us many things and insights, this is simply an invaluable experience to have. And we are excited to share all of this in the separate video which is going to be more about spiritual and emotional side of it. Hopefully it can inspire some people to do the same:)

Ethesis
03-24-2020, 12:44
We haven't noted that we have no affiliation with any brand and every item was purchased by our own money. This is just sharing what worked for us and what didn't. Also get any advice or comments exchanging the experiences.

is there a text summary of the video? I find videos painful and prefer to read.

Walking Nature World
03-24-2020, 13:09
is there a text summary of the video? I find videos painful and prefer to read.

We do have a captions file created for the subtitles that you can turn on in the Youtube player. Or we can send it to you in text if you prefer in a private message. Let us know.

BayouWanderer
03-25-2020, 12:31
Thanks for the video.

Walking Nature World
03-25-2020, 15:25
Thanks for the video.

Thank you for taking time to comment, glad if you found it useful.

Ethesis
03-28-2020, 21:57

I gave in and watched it. 95% categories rather than specifics, and no affiliate marketing links. It is very polished, but not the commercial I was expecting. The