PDA

View Full Version : Question???

Shari Deaven
03-14-2006, 14:53
I own a house in Duncannon, PA as most who have traveled the trail know this is a town the trail goes directly through. I'd like to sell this house, but I'd like to sell it to someone who would use it as a hostel for the trail. What would be the best way to advertise this house to hikers.

The Solemates
03-14-2006, 14:56
via this site and others like it.

also try trailforums.com

what are the specs?

Shari Deaven
03-14-2006, 15:06
This is such a cool house, once upon a time it was a general store, it has wide plank wood floors, three bedrooms, one bath (a second one could and should be put in down stairs). It has two huge decks that hang out over the Junita creek a nice front porch tons of outdoor living space but very little yard work because it is mostly decks and porches. Forced hot air oil heat (two year old furnace), but has a great wood stove that is more than capable of heating whole house. Large living room, dining room and eat in kitchen. Kitchen sink is original farm style basin. New roof put on last summer. It is in excellent condition. This really is a neat house, I hate to sell but family circumstances demand it. I'm particular about who gets it.

The Solemates
03-14-2006, 15:09
Anyone who is interested will want a detailed description with pictures and price, something similar to an MLS.

The Solemates
03-14-2006, 15:10
in my opinion, a house with 3 bedrooms and 1 bath would be next to impossible to use as a hostel on the trail. not to mention the fierce competition that the doyle would bring.

Shari Deaven
03-14-2006, 15:10
I have my own quasi MLS done up should I post it here or let people ask me to email it to them?

max patch
03-14-2006, 15:14
Place an ad in the ATC mag "Journeys." There is an existing home/hostel listed for sale in Maine in the current issue.

The Solemates
03-14-2006, 15:15
I have my own quasi MLS done up should I post it here or let people ask me to email it to them?

i would just post it here.